The group didn’t say which amendments will move ahead as a result of the one-day National Board of Directors videoconference plenary that took place yesterday. But details “will be published in advance of the convention” to be held September 26-29 at the J.W. Marriott at L.A. Live along with “any additional proposed amendments submitted by the required number of local boards,” SAG-AFTRA says. National Executive Director David White called yesterday’s final meeting of the transitional National Board “an important marker in the life of this newly merged union.” He also praised the current leadership’s “tremendous legacy for the elected leaders who will follow.” In addition to their work on the constitutional amendments, directors approved the recommended rules for the convention, which also will be published ahead of time. General Counsel Duncan Crabtree-Ireland reported that the union’s foreign royalties program has distributed more than $17.5M to performers since its inception. And National Co-Secretary-Treasurers Amy Aquino and Matt Kimbrough said that they’ve integrated the financials of the previous organizations. Accounting firm PricewaterhouseCoopers audited the books and found no grounds to qualify its opinion about them.
SAG-AFTRA Will Present At Least 2 Constitutional Amendments To Convention
What's Hot on Deadline
'Captain America: Civil War' To Break Out In The U.S.; Looks To Defeat 'Ultron's $191M+ Debut - Box Office Preview
'Captain America: Civil War' Grabs $200.4M In Debut; 'Jungle Book' A Beast, And With 'Zootopia' Disney Has $1.24B From Three Titles - Int'l Box Office Final
Donald Trump Drums Ted Cruz Out Of Race, Praises Him As "One Hell Of A Competitor" with "Amazing Future"
Latest Business News
- Time Warner Beats Q1 Earnings Expectations With Help From CNN
- WGA West Members Reject Longer Terms For Guild Officers
- Donald Trump Drums Ted Cruz Out Of Race, Praises Him As “One Hell Of A Competitor” with “Amazing Future”…
- FCC Approves Altice’s $17.7B Acquisition Of Cablevision Citing Absence Of Harms
- Sony Pictures Taps Jamie Stevens As EVP Worldwide Consumer Products
- CBS’ Les Moonves “Salivating” For Upfront Ad Sales As Demand Grows