The group didn’t say which amendments will move ahead as a result of the one-day National Board of Directors videoconference plenary that took place yesterday. But details “will be published in advance of the convention” to be held September 26-29 at the J.W. Marriott at L.A. Live along with “any additional proposed amendments submitted by the required number of local boards,” SAG-AFTRA says. National Executive Director David White called yesterday’s final meeting of the transitional National Board “an important marker in the life of this newly merged union.” He also praised the current leadership’s “tremendous legacy for the elected leaders who will follow.” In addition to their work on the constitutional amendments, directors approved the recommended rules for the convention, which also will be published ahead of time. General Counsel Duncan Crabtree-Ireland reported that the union’s foreign royalties program has distributed more than $17.5M to performers since its inception. And National Co-Secretary-Treasurers Amy Aquino and Matt Kimbrough said that they’ve integrated the financials of the previous organizations. Accounting firm PricewaterhouseCoopers audited the books and found no grounds to qualify its opinion about them.
SAG-AFTRA Will Present At Least 2 Constitutional Amendments To Convention
What's Hot on Deadline
TLC "Deeply Saddened" As It Pulls All Episodes of '19 Kids And Counting' In Wake Of Child Molestation Allegations - Update
'Ant-Man' Scribes Andrew Barrer & Gabriel Ferrari Join 'Transformers' Writers Room: Cybertron Pic In Offing?
Latest Business News
- Sky To Invest $20M In Milan Hub For Arts; Fremantle Picks Up Jude Law’s ‘The Young Pope': Global Briefs
- George Takei’s Personal ‘Allegiance’ Sets Cast For Fall Broadway Bow
- ESPN Drafts Chris Connelly To Replace Fired Bill Simmons As Grantland Chief
- Tracy Morgan Says Wal-Mart “Did Right” In Fatal Crash Settlement
- Musicians Union Slaps Studios With Lawsuit Over Reuse Of Film Tunes
- Les Moonves Says He’s Negotiating To Put CBS On Apple’s Planned TV Platform