EXCLUSIVE: Rosemarie DeWitt is the choice to play the female lead in Poltergeist, the new installment of the Tobe Hooper-directed horror classic that will be made by MGM and Fox 2000, with Gil Kenan directing a script by David Lindsay-Abaire. They are looking to cast the male lead. Jobeth Williams and Craig T. Nelson were the original parents whose ideal family life is uprooted by a cavalcade of spirits that culminates in the kidnap of their youngest daughter. Given how well these fright films are faring against studio product lately, this one seems ripe for remaking and I’m surprised someone didn’t reheat the 31-year old film sooner. Sam Raimi and Nathan Kahane are producing. DeWitt is coming off Promised Land and Your Sister’s Sister, and is currently starring in Kill The Messenger with Jeremy Renner for Focus Features. She’ll next be seen in the Lynn Shelton-directed Touchy Feely and is repped by CAA and Wishlab.
Rosemarie DeWitt Scares Up Lead In ‘Poltergeist’ Revamp
What's Hot on Deadline
'Star Wars: The Last Jedi' Eyeing $95M-$100M Opening Day After Thursday Night Previews Hit $45M - Update
Peter Jackson Confirms Ashley Judd & Mira Sorvino Claims Harvey Weinstein Blacklisted Them From 'LOTR'
Latest Film News
- Sundance 2018: RuPaul Heading To Park City For ‘Drag Race’ Retrospective & Award Juror Role
- Harvey Weinstein Denies Peter Jackson’s Assertion He Blacklisted Ashley Judd & Mira Sorvino
- ‘The Shape Of Water’s’ Guillermo Del Toro Ranks His Favorite Del Toro Films, But Says “I Would Die For Each Of My 10 Movies”…
- Tyson Ritter Cast In ‘Peppermint’, ‘Gloria’ & More
- Disney-Fox Deal: 5,000 To 10,000 Jobs Will Likely Be Shed: Analyst
- Star Wars? Bill Pullman, Jim Caviezel & Kathy Baker Team For 'The Ballad of Lefty Brown' – Specialty B.O. Preview