EXCLUSIVE: Rosemarie DeWitt is the choice to play the female lead in Poltergeist, the new installment of the Tobe Hooper-directed horror classic that will be made by MGM and Fox 2000, with Gil Kenan directing a script by David Lindsay-Abaire. They are looking to cast the male lead. Jobeth Williams and Craig T. Nelson were the original parents whose ideal family life is uprooted by a cavalcade of spirits that culminates in the kidnap of their youngest daughter. Given how well these fright films are faring against studio product lately, this one seems ripe for remaking and I’m surprised someone didn’t reheat the 31-year old film sooner. Sam Raimi and Nathan Kahane are producing. DeWitt is coming off Promised Land and Your Sister’s Sister, and is currently starring in Kill The Messenger with Jeremy Renner for Focus Features. She’ll next be seen in the Lynn Shelton-directed Touchy Feely and is repped by CAA and Wishlab.
Rosemarie DeWitt Scares Up Lead In ‘Poltergeist’ Revamp
What's Hot on Deadline
Bravo Renews & Expands 'Southern Charm', Sets More 'Shahs Of Sunset' & 'Million Dollar Listing New York'
Latest Film News
- STX Entertainment Partners With Toronto Company The Young Astronauts For Digital Content
- ‘Hummingbird’ Spec About Female Black-Ops Assassin Lands At Fundamental Films; ‘Battlefield 1’ Duo…
- ‘The Secret Life Of Pets’ Woofs It Past $500M At International Box Office
- ‘Inferno’ Getting Scorched At U.S. Box Office, But Overseas Hoping To Be Its Savior – Noon Update
- Sergei Bodrov To Direct ‘Samson And Delilah’ – AFM
- ‘Inferno’ Review: Tom Hanks’ Robert Langdon Back On The Run In Best Dan Brown Movie Yet