ABC gave its Toronto-set cop drama an early renewal today, shrugging off the show’s season-low numbers from last week. Instead, the network pointed out that Rookie Blue is the summer’s No. 1 show in total viewers for its 10PM Thursday slot, resulting in its most-watched season since 2010. Produced in the Great White North by ICF Films and Entertainment One, the series stars Missy Peregrym and Gregory Smith as cops who still feel like rookies despite their four years on the job. Charlotte Sullivan, Enuka Okuma, Travis Milne, Peter Mooney, Ben Bass, Priscilla Faia and Rachael Ancheril co-star. Production on Season 5 will begin in January for a summer 2014 premiere.
‘Rookie Blue’ Is A Veteran: ABC Renews Cop Drama For Fifth Season
Trending Now on Deadline
'Black-ish', 'Grey's Anatomy', 'Castle', 'The Goldbergs', 'Modern Family', 'Once Upon A Time' & Others Get Extra Episodes At ABC
More From Team
- 'Madam Secretary' Coming To U.K. On Sky Living; NBCUniversal International Television Production Pacts With TV3 Group Ireland…
- 'High Profits': New CNN Series Profiles Colorado Pot Business Owners
- Mary McCormack & Alicia Witt Join 'House Of Lies'; Lindsey Gort In 'Self Promotion'
- Courtney Love To Guest Star In Fox's 'Empire'
- 'Good Morning America' Ratings Lead Morning Infotainment Race
- Zachary Booth, Bill Irwin, Six More Round Out 'South Of Hell' Cast On WE TV