ABC gave its Toronto-set cop drama an early renewal today, shrugging off the show’s season-low numbers from last week. Instead, the network pointed out that Rookie Blue is the summer’s No. 1 show in total viewers for its 10PM Thursday slot, resulting in its most-watched season since 2010. Produced in the Great White North by ICF Films and Entertainment One, the series stars Missy Peregrym and Gregory Smith as cops who still feel like rookies despite their four years on the job. Charlotte Sullivan, Enuka Okuma, Travis Milne, Peter Mooney, Ben Bass, Priscilla Faia and Rachael Ancheril co-star. Production on Season 5 will begin in January for a summer 2014 premiere.
‘Rookie Blue’ Is A Veteran: ABC Renews Cop Drama For Fifth Season
What's Hot on Deadline
Peter Jackson Confirms Ashley Judd & Mira Sorvino Claims Harvey Weinstein Blacklisted Them From 'LOTR'
Latest TV News
- ‘Exorcist’ EPs Talk Tonight’s Finale, Possible Season 3 & Disney/Fox Deal
- ‘The Trade’: Morgan Spurlock Dropped As Executive Producer Of Showtime’s Sundance-Bound Docu Series
- Filming On TNT Unscripted Series ‘Who Rules The World’ Suspended As Producers Sever Ties With Morgan Spurlock
- Liz Mahoney, Megan Moss Pachon, Bryna Rifkin & Heidi Lopata Form New PR Shingle Narrative
- ‘Watergate’ Limited Series From George Clooney & Matt Charman In Works At Netflix
- Beware: How Global One Management's Questionable Practices Entangled Politicians, Child Actors And The Homeless