EXCLUSIVE: Hot off an acclaimed performance in Woody Allen’s new film Blue Jasmine, Andrew Dice Clay has signed with Resolution. The agency will try to help him capitalize on a surprise breakout performance in Jasmine, which this past weekend had the biggest opening per-screen average of Allen’s career. While Clay stars opposite strong thesps Cate Blanchett, Alec Baldwin, Sally Hawkins, Peter Sarsgaard and Bobby Cannavale, critics have been singling him out for praise for his performance as a working stiff ruined by a white-collar crook. Clay showed acting promise early on in his stint on Michael Mann’s Crime Story TV series opposite the late Dennis Farina, but all that got overshadowed when his stand-up act began selling out stadiums. Clay most recently played himself in a story arc in the final season of HBO’s Entourage. It was that work that inspired Allen to cast him in Blue Jasmine. Clay is managed by Bruce Rubenstein.
Resolution Signs Andrew Dice Clay Off ‘Blue Jasmine’ Performance
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Fleming Jr
- Jeremy Lovering To Helm Sony Horror Pic 'The Bringing,' Inspired By Cecil Hotel
- Sony Pictures Taps 'Iron Man 3′ Helmer Shane Black To Direct 'The Destroyer'
- Miramax Films Bolsters Funding
- Akiva Goldsman Circling 'Ring 3′ Rewrite
- Patrick Warburton Back For 'Ted' Sequel
- Stork Visit For Milla Jovovich Postpones 'Resident Evil 6′