EXCLUSIVE: Hot off an acclaimed performance in Woody Allen’s new film Blue Jasmine, Andrew Dice Clay has signed with Resolution. The agency will try to help him capitalize on a surprise breakout performance in Jasmine, which this past weekend had the biggest opening per-screen average of Allen’s career. While Clay stars opposite strong thesps Cate Blanchett, Alec Baldwin, Sally Hawkins, Peter Sarsgaard and Bobby Cannavale, critics have been singling him out for praise for his performance as a working stiff ruined by a white-collar crook. Clay showed acting promise early on in his stint on Michael Mann’s Crime Story TV series opposite the late Dennis Farina, but all that got overshadowed when his stand-up act began selling out stadiums. Clay most recently played himself in a story arc in the final season of HBO’s Entourage. It was that work that inspired Allen to cast him in Blue Jasmine. Clay is managed by Bruce Rubenstein.
Resolution Signs Andrew Dice Clay Off ‘Blue Jasmine’ Performance
What's Hot on Deadline
Peter Bart: Donald Trump's Nightmare, Stormy Daniels Has A Secret Side As Prolific Film Director With Skills
Bankruptcy Reveals Wild List Of Who The Weinstein Company Owes Money To: Malia Obama, David Bowie, Michael Bay
'I Can Only Imagine' Review: Faith-Based Music Biopic Of MercyMe's Smash Song Hits All The Right Notes
Latest Film News
- As The Weinstein World Turns, Industry Asks: Who Is Lantern Asset Management?
- Busy Sundance Producer Rachel Song Launches China Production Company
- No. 8 ‘Thor: Ragnarok’ Box Office Profits – 2017 Most Valuable Blockbuster Tournament
- Bankruptcy Court Approves Weinstein Co.’s Plans To Keep Lights On, Employees Paid
- ‘Isle Of Dogs’ Review: Wes Anderson’s Weirdly Wonderful Canine Epic Is A Toon Worth Telling
- Behind The MGM Shakeup Shocker! What Happened To Instigate MGM Chairman/CEO Gary Barber’s Ouster?