Showtime’s Ray Donovan had the biggest original series debut in the cable network’s history last night with 1.35 million viewers at 10 PM. The LA fixer series starring Liev Schreiber and Jon Voight was up from the 1.08 million who watched the debut of Homeland on October 2, 2011. Homeland’s debut was the best drama premiere the cable network had over the previous eight years; Season 2 of Homeland debuted September 30 with 1.73 million viewers. Over two plays Sunday, Ray Donovan pulled in 2.22 million viewers. Those number were certainly helped by its bloodlusting lead-in: At 9 PM in its new summer slot, Dexter returned for its eight and final season with 2.5 million viewers, up from the 2.4 million who watched the series’ Season 7 premiere on September 30 and an all-time premiere high for the show. Sunday’s premiere continues Dexter’s unbroken premiere ratings growth since its 2006 Season 1 opener. Overall, Dexter had 3.2 million viewers for the night over all plays. As well as premiering last night, the entire first episode of Ray Donovan has been available online since mid-June.
‘Ray Donovan’ Sets Record For Showtime Debut, ‘Dexter’ Snags Premiere High
What's Hot on Deadline
'Nashville' Creator Callie Khouri On Tragic Twist, Its Inevitability & Aftermath And Why Fans Should Keep Watching
Bloomberg Scrubs White House Correspondents' Dinner Party As Donald Trump Vows To "Do Something" About Press
Bill Maher Under Gun Over Late-'90s Video Condoning Sex Between 33-Year-Old Teacher And 12-Year-Old Student
Latest TV News
- WGA Members "Ready To Strike" After Round Of Pre-Contract Talks Meetings
- Pondering The Imponderable: How A Restructured Hollywood Would Deal With Striking Writers
- Univision Pulls Ads For Pulse Shooting Show Segment; Club Owner, Mothers, Victims, GLAAD Press Network To Stop ‘Blood Bath…
- Republican Congressman Darrell Issa’s ‘Real Time’ Surprise Call For Special Prosecutor Gains Traction
- ‘The Good Fight’ Adds Nyambi Nyambi As Recurring
- 'American Girl': Gwendoline Yeo To Star In Amazon's Special 'Ivy & Julie 1976: A Happy Balance'