Last month Disney said its Marvel characters will cross over to Disney Channel’s most popular animated series for an episode set to air next month in which the titular stepbrothers team with Spider-Man, Iron Man, Thor and Hulk. Now another big Disney brand is getting in on the action: a one-hour episode of Phineas And Ferb is in production that will see the toon’s characters in the same space and time as the world of Star Wars. The announcement was made today at Comic-Con by Dan Povenmire and Jeff “Swampy” Marsh, the series’ creators and executive producers. The plot: Phineas and Ferb are living happily on Tatooine, just one moisture farm over from Luke Skywalker. They love simply hanging out and creating new adventures under the twin suns but find themselves thrust into a global rebellion when the plans for blowing up the Death Star accidentally fall into their hands. The episode is set to air in 2014. The Marvel-themed episode, meanwhile, airs August 16 on Disney Channel and August 25 on Disney XD. Disney Television Animation produces the toon.
Comic-Con: ‘Phineas And Ferb’ Gets ‘Star Wars’-ed In Latest Disney Synergy Play
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Rookie Comedies 'Selfie' & 'A To Z' Hit Hulu Ahead Of Network Premieres (Video)
- Turner CEO Says Plans For More “Streamlined, Nimble” Company Coming In Next Two Months
- Scott Adsit Joins AMC Pilot 'We Hate Paul Revere'; Sibylla Deen & Kylie Bunbury in Spike TV's 'Tut'
- Eva Longoria Joins Fox's 'Brooklyn Nine-Nine'
- Universal & Legendary Date 'Krampus,' 'Spectral'; Open Road Shifts 'Nightcrawler'
- Good Deed Entertainment Taps Myrl Schreibman As President Of Production