Last month Disney said its Marvel characters will cross over to Disney Channel’s most popular animated series for an episode set to air next month in which the titular stepbrothers team with Spider-Man, Iron Man, Thor and Hulk. Now another big Disney brand is getting in on the action: a one-hour episode of Phineas And Ferb is in production that will see the toon’s characters in the same space and time as the world of Star Wars. The announcement was made today at Comic-Con by Dan Povenmire and Jeff “Swampy” Marsh, the series’ creators and executive producers. The plot: Phineas and Ferb are living happily on Tatooine, just one moisture farm over from Luke Skywalker. They love simply hanging out and creating new adventures under the twin suns but find themselves thrust into a global rebellion when the plans for blowing up the Death Star accidentally fall into their hands. The episode is set to air in 2014. The Marvel-themed episode, meanwhile, airs August 16 on Disney Channel and August 25 on Disney XD. Disney Television Animation produces the toon.
Comic-Con: ‘Phineas And Ferb’ Gets ‘Star Wars’-ed In Latest Disney Synergy Play
What's Hot on Deadline
TLC "Deeply Saddened" As It Pulls All Episodes of '19 Kids And Counting' In Wake Of Child Molestation Allegations - Update
'Jurassic World' Tracking Like 'Man Of Steel' - But How Many $100M+ Openings After That In Summer 2015?
Latest TV News
- Marty Pasetta Dies: Longtime Director Of Academy Awards Telecasts Was 82
- ‘X-Factor’ Producers Hit With $2M Lawsuit By Contestant; Says Performance Was “Altered”
- Showrunner Jennie Snyder Urman On Almost Passing On ‘Jane The Virgin’, Pace, Title Change & How Will It End
- ‘Fuller’ Brush-Off: Olsens Won’t Head Home For ‘Full House’ Sequel
- Melissa McCarthy Staying At CAA
- UP Orders ‘Last Hope With Troy Dunn’ To Series