Last month Disney said its Marvel characters will cross over to Disney Channel’s most popular animated series for an episode set to air next month in which the titular stepbrothers team with Spider-Man, Iron Man, Thor and Hulk. Now another big Disney brand is getting in on the action: a one-hour episode of Phineas And Ferb is in production that will see the toon’s characters in the same space and time as the world of Star Wars. The announcement was made today at Comic-Con by Dan Povenmire and Jeff “Swampy” Marsh, the series’ creators and executive producers. The plot: Phineas and Ferb are living happily on Tatooine, just one moisture farm over from Luke Skywalker. They love simply hanging out and creating new adventures under the twin suns but find themselves thrust into a global rebellion when the plans for blowing up the Death Star accidentally fall into their hands. The episode is set to air in 2014. The Marvel-themed episode, meanwhile, airs August 16 on Disney Channel and August 25 on Disney XD. Disney Television Animation produces the toon.
Comic-Con: ‘Phineas And Ferb’ Gets ‘Star Wars’-ed In Latest Disney Synergy Play
What's Hot on Deadline
Jimmy Kimmel Defends Florida Students Under Attack From Far Right Wingnuts Ted Nugent, Donald Trump Jr.
Latest TV News
- Harvey Weinstein Says Sorry For “Improperly” Using Meryl Streep & Jennifer Lawrence In Lawsuit
- WABC-TV President & GM Dave Davis Retires From New York Station
- Donald Trump Tweet-Storm: Armed Teachers Good; Assault Weapon Ban Bad
- ‘The Zen Diaries Of Garry Shandling’ Trailer: First Look At HBO’s Two-Part Docu On The Comic’s Comic
- George Kaufman Dies: Chairman Of NYC’s Kaufman Astoria Studios Was 89
- SAG-AFTRA Sets Workshop To Train Its Leaders In Sexual Harassment Prevention