Last month Disney said its Marvel characters will cross over to Disney Channel’s most popular animated series for an episode set to air next month in which the titular stepbrothers team with Spider-Man, Iron Man, Thor and Hulk. Now another big Disney brand is getting in on the action: a one-hour episode of Phineas And Ferb is in production that will see the toon’s characters in the same space and time as the world of Star Wars. The announcement was made today at Comic-Con by Dan Povenmire and Jeff “Swampy” Marsh, the series’ creators and executive producers. The plot: Phineas and Ferb are living happily on Tatooine, just one moisture farm over from Luke Skywalker. They love simply hanging out and creating new adventures under the twin suns but find themselves thrust into a global rebellion when the plans for blowing up the Death Star accidentally fall into their hands. The episode is set to air in 2014. The Marvel-themed episode, meanwhile, airs August 16 on Disney Channel and August 25 on Disney XD. Disney Television Animation produces the toon.
Comic-Con: ‘Phineas And Ferb’ Gets ‘Star Wars’-ed In Latest Disney Synergy Play
What's Hot on Deadline
'The Middle' Series Finale: ABC's Fond Farewell To America's Beloved TV Family Is One "Heck Of A Ride"
'The Middle' Co-Creator On The "Bittersweet" Series Finale, Devoted Fans And Possible 10-Year Reboot
Latest TV News
- ‘Strange Angel’ Trailer: Rocket Science Meets The Occult In New CBS All Access Drama
- Make Up Artists & Hair Styling Guild Sets 2019 Awards Date & Timeline
- ‘The Alienist’ Cinematographer P.J. Dillon Captures The Elegance & The Seedy Underbelly Of Gilded Age…
- ‘Barry’ And ‘Gotham’ Baddie Anthony Carrigan Signs With ICM Partners
- ‘Counterpart’: James Cromwell Set To Recur In Season 2 Of Starz Series
- Christina Hendricks Eyes Directing Move After Success Of Edgy Crime Drama ‘Good Girls’