Peter Johnson, former president of McG‘s Wonderland Sounds And Vision, is in talks to join recently launched Legendary Television as a development executive. Legendary, a well-capitalized company valued at $3 billion, signaled its big ambitions in the TV arena with the appointment last month of Bruce Rosenblum as President of Legendary Television and Digital Media. Rosenblum and Johnson have a long-standing relationship — for the past nine years, Johnson was president of Wonderland, which was based at Warner Bros. TV and was overseen by Rosenblum until his exit as Warner Bros. TV Group president in May. Johnson also recently left Wonderland as McG opted to leave the studio system and re-launch his company as an indie through a multi-year funding partnership with Mickey Liddell’s private equity-backed LD Entertainment. Before joining McG, Johnson served as SVP and VP of drama development at Fox. Legendary is in the final year of its deal at Warner Bros. and has been actively searching for a new studio partner, with NBCUniversal recently emerging as a frontrunner.
Peter Johnson Poised To Join Legendary Television As Development Executive
What's Hot on Deadline
'Black Panther' Keeps B.O. Treasure From 'Tomb Raider'; How 'I Can Only Imagine' Hit A $17M High Note
'SNL' Imagines #MeToo Apology Spree By "Canada's Harvey Weinstein," Trots Out Impressions In 'Jurassic Park' Auditions
Director Terry Gilliam Says #MeToo "Got Silly", "Monster" Harvey Weinstein "Opened The Door" For Some
Ellen Barkin Says "Never Get Into An Elevator Alone With Terry Gilliam" After His Criticism Of #MeToo Movement
'Avengers: Infinity War' Already The Best-Selling Superhero Movie In Advance Ticket Sales, Beating 'Black Panther'
Latest TV News
- John Oliver Trolls Mike Pence With Book About Veep’s Rabbit Marlon Bundo
- ‘The Handmaid’s Tale’ Stars Hit PaleyFest To Tease Season 2, Trips To The Colonies, & America’s Descent…
- Desilu Exploring U.S. Public Offering After Acquisition Of Israel’s Vonetize
- ‘Saturday Night Live’ Ratings Rise With Host Bill Hader
- ‘SNL’ Imagines #MeToo Apology Spree By “Canada’s Harvey Weinstein,” Trots Out Impressions In ‘Jurassic…
- Paramount’s ‘Dora The Explorer’ Movie Set For Australia Shoot After Tax Break Concession