It’s the latest fallout following public disclosure of the celebrity chef’s admission in a deposition that she used the N-word and the subsequent crumbling of her business and media empire. Paula Deen announced the split with Barry Weiner Thursday in an email through her spokeswoman Elana Weiss and obtained by The Associated Press. “Paula Deen has separated from her agent. She and her family thank him for the tireless effort and dedication over the many years.” Deen did not say why she parted with Weiner with whom she’d worked for more than 10 years. The email ended by saying “Paula wishes him well in all future endeavors”. Deen’s troubles began days after the public disclosure of a civil suit deposition in which she admitted under oath to having used the N-word. Shortly after, the Food Network decided not to renew her contract, she was dropped as a celebrity endorser by pork producer Smithfield Foods, several retailers including Wal-Mart and Target said they would longer sell Deen’s products and Random House’s Ballantine Books canceled plans for her upcoming cookbook.
Paula Deen Drops Longtime Agent
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Napa Valley Film Fest Says “The Show Must Go On” Despite Quakes, Sets Lineup
- Keith OIbermann's ESPN2 Program Moving; He'll Anchor Some 'SportsCenter' Shows (Video)
- Hot Trailer: 'The Pyramid'
- Lionsgate Nabs Schwarzenegger Starrer 'Maggie'; Oscilloscope Rocks With 'Jingle Bell' Docu
- Kathryn Prescott Joins CBS Miniseries 'The Dovekeepers'
- Hot TV Teaser: 'The Affair'