UPDATED: Paramount’s as-yet-untitled spinoff of its Paranormal Activity franchise aimed at PA‘s sizeable Latino audience is the film that the studio today marked out for January 4, 2014. It was that pic — and not Paranormal Activity 5, which is still in the works — that had originally been set for October 25; the fifth film in the franchise still doesn’t have a date. Paramount said that it will fill its October 25 spot with Paramount and MTV Films’ Jackass Presents: Bad Grandpa. The distributor is being mum about pretty much everything about the PA spinoff, but we understand it will include the demon from the franchise, star mostly Latino actors and film partly in Spanish. Screenwriter Christopher Landon, who wrote PA 2, PA 3 and PA 4 and spec-scripted 2007′s big hit Disturbia, is helming. “This will be an off-shoot aimed at the groups who have been the biggest supporters of the property — Latinos and folks in Latin America — Mexico, Brazil, and Argentina,” a Paramount insider told our Nikki Finke at the time. The studio had placed a teaser clip at the end of Paranormal Activity 4 for the spinoff. Paranormal Activity 4 was released October 19 and grossed $30 million on its opening weekend — overall it grossed $53.9M domestically. The three previous installments have earned over $576 million worldwide on a combined budget of a little over $8M.
UPDATE: ‘Paranormal Activity’ Latino Spinoff Gets January 4 Date
What's Hot on Deadline
'Avengers: Infinity War' Already The Best-Selling Superhero Movie In Advance Ticket Sales, Beating 'Black Panther'
California Pol To Wolf Blitzer: Donald Trump "Spinning Out Of Control", Serious Security Threat, Has To Go
Latest Film News
- ‘Black Panther’ Poised For $460M+ In Profit; ‘I Can Only Imagine’ Surprises – Box Office Update
- Shia LaBeouf, Lucas Hedges To Star In ‘Honey Boy’
- ‘Augie’ Review: Fitness Giant’s ALS Struggle Makes For Moving Love Story
- ‘Can You Ever Forgive Me?’ First Look Trailer Showcases Melissa McCarthy As Literary Forger Lee Israel
- Saudi Arabia Fund Deal For Endeavor Stake Could Close In Week’s Time For $400M
- Female Director Scorecard: MGM’s ‘Taking Flight,’ Others In Wings