EXCLUSIVE: Paramount’s Insurge label is partnering with online network Machinima on Chop Shop, a new web series set in LA’s black market car theft underworld. The early 2014 release follows a pair of pro car thieves whose friendship is tested when one betrays the other; heist action and auto chases ensue. Chop Shop is created by Mortal Kombat: Legacy duo Josh Baizer and Marshall Johnson and produced by Bandito Bros (Act Of Valor), Josh Weinstock, and Elliott Lester. Lester will also direct the series. Insurge, specializing in microbudget digital and theatrical fare, had recent digital success with the dating spoof web series Burning Love which Yahoo and then E! picked up. Matching Chop Shop with popular online destination Machinima is a similar fit targeting the 18-34 year old male demo via YouTube, mobile, and Xbox.
Paramount Insurge, Machinima Team On Black Market Web Series ‘Chop Shop’
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Yamato
- Taye Diggs Joins Topher Grace Musical Comedy 'One Shot'
- Tate Donovan Joins Elle Fanning Transgender Drama 'Three Generations'
- Morris Chestnut Inks 3-Picture Deal With Screen Gems; Set For Thriller Opposite Regina Hall
- Peter Berg, Universal Team On 'Hunt For El Chapo'
- Disney Animation's Andrew Millstein, Pixar's Jim Morris Upped To President