EXCLUSIVE: Paramount’s Insurge label is partnering with online network Machinima on Chop Shop, a new web series set in LA’s black market car theft underworld. The early 2014 release follows a pair of pro car thieves whose friendship is tested when one betrays the other; heist action and auto chases ensue. Chop Shop is created by Mortal Kombat: Legacy duo Josh Baizer and Marshall Johnson and produced by Bandito Bros (Act Of Valor), Josh Weinstock, and Elliott Lester. Lester will also direct the series. Insurge, specializing in microbudget digital and theatrical fare, had recent digital success with the dating spoof web series Burning Love which Yahoo and then E! picked up. Matching Chop Shop with popular online destination Machinima is a similar fit targeting the 18-34 year old male demo via YouTube, mobile, and Xbox.
Paramount Insurge, Machinima Team On Black Market Web Series ‘Chop Shop’
Trending Now on Deadline
FINAL: 'Fury' Wins Box Office War With $23.7M; 'Book Of Life' At $17M; 'Gone Girl' $100M+; 'Best Of Me' $10M - B.O. Final
More From Yamato
- Well Go USA, Rumble Board Halle Berry Thriller 'Kidnap'; China Rights Set
- Michelle Williams Exits CAA For WME
- Safety For Sarah: Local 600 Launches Own App For Reporting Unsafe Sets
- Renee Zellweger Set For 'Same Kind Of Different As Me'
- 'Terminator's James Cameron & Gale Anne Hurd: Hasta La Vista To "Fear-Based" Studio Filmmaking