Paramount Home Media Distribution has promoted Syrinthia Studer to Senior Vice President, Marketing and Acquisitions where she’ll spearhead acquisitions focusing on film projects and licensed properties for global multi-platform distribution. In addition to her expanded duties Studer will continue to oversee home entertainment marketing campaigns for the studio’s network and cable brand partners as she previously did as Vice President, Brand Marketing. Paramount Home Media Distribution has been ramping up acquisitions efforts since the division’s creation in 2011. Recent pick-ups include Sundance pic A.C.O.D. starring Adam Scott, Amy Poehler, and Jane Lynch and the drama Adore starring Naomi Watts and Robin Wright. Paramount has also hired Jeff Deutchman, former Director of Acquisitions & Productions at IFC, as its new Director of Acquisitions, and will be in Toronto eyeing sales titles this September.
Paramount Home Media Ups Syrinthia Studer, Adds Ex-IFCer Jeff Deutchman
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
Obama: Sony Made Mistake Pulling 'The Interview'; U.S. Will Respond Proportionally At Time And Place We Choose -- Update
Sony Responds To President Obama's Criticism: "We Had No Choice," Still Hope To Release 'The Interview'
'The Interview' Release Would Have Damaged Kim Jong Un Internally, Says Rand Expert Who Saw Movie At Sony's Request
More From Yamato
- Sony Chief “Disappointed” By Obama Rebuke, Hollywood's Cowed Silence
- Sony Hack: BitTorrent Offers To Distribute 'The Interview' On Its Bundle Service
- Sony Responds To President Obama's Criticism: “We Had No Choice,” Still Hope To Release 'The Interview'
- DGA Stands By 'The Interview' Directors, Calls On Feds To Protect Hollywood
- Aaron Sorkin Still In Bed With John Edwards Exposé 'The Politician'