Paramount Pictures has found its new leader for the studio’s Interactive Marketing department. Former SVP of the division Megan Wahtera has been tapped to take over the duties of Amy Powell, the former head of the unit who recently was appointed president of the newly relaunched Paramount TV. Wahtera will oversee the studio’s domestic theatrical digital marketing strategy, focusing on creating engaging and immersive online campaigns including those directed at social platforms like Facebook, Twitter and mobile. She will report to Megan Colligan, President of Domestic Marketing and Distribution. “[Wahtera] has become a true pioneer in the fast-moving landscape of the digital marketplace and is uniquely positioned to deliver the kinds of cutting-edge campaigns we aspire to create for each of our films,” said Paramount Chief Marketing Officer Josh Greenstein. Wahtera joined Paramount in 2006 as a producer for the Digital Marketing group, and her most recent work included on the pics World War Z and the Star Trek franchise.
Paramount Ups Megan Wahtera To Interactive Marketing Boss
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Global Showbiz Briefs: South Korea Submits 'Sea Fog' For Foreign-Language Oscar Race; Winnie Lau Joins Jet Tone Films
- Peter Dinklage Set For 'The Thicket'; John Magaro Joins 'The Finest Hours'; Celebrity Death Pool Pic Adds 6 To Cast
- John Candy's Son Takes The Lead In 'Bar America': Hot Trailer
- John Travolta, Kate Bosworth & Devon Sawa Wired Up For 'Life On The Line'
- 'Kingsman: The Secret Service': Hot Trailer
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 5: Hot TV Teaser