Pacific is a relatively tiny chain, with about 100 screens, but the deal gives Fandango two bragging rights: It now exclusively handles online ticket sales at one of the nation’s highest-grossing theaters: LA’s Pacific Theaters at The Grove. In addition, the agreement secures Fandango’s advantage over MovieTickets.com in Southern California. The NBCUniversal ticket sales company says that it offers tickets at 80% of the region’s theaters with advance ticketing capabilities. “With this new partnership, Fandango is now able to help the vast majority of Southern Californians plan their movie experience from start to finish — from movie discovery and decision making, to ticketing and post-theater engagement.” Fandango president Paul Yanover says. The company adds that it serves more than 21,000 U.S. screens, including more than 75% of theaters with advance ticket sales capabilities. Nearly half of Fandango’s 41M million monthly users buy tickets on smartphones and tablets. It’s the exclusive movie ticketer on Apple Siri and Google Now.
Pacific Theaters Sides With Fandango For Online Ticketing
What's Hot on Deadline
'Pacific Rim: Uprising' Doesn't Create Waves At $26M+; 'Black Panther' Sets Marvel Record & Beats 'Avengers'
Latest Business News
- UCLA Entertainment Symposium Tackles Paramount Issues With COO
- ‘March For Our Lives’ Unites Students And Celebrities For Day Of Protest – Highlights
- Tens Of Thousands March Through L.A. To Protest Gun Violence; Amy Schumer Praises Student Activists
- Film Academy President John Bailey On Sex Harassment: “That Did Not Happen”
- Barry Diller Says Weinstein “A Gorilla”, Trump “Bad Character” & Explains Why He’d Never Own A Studio…
- Paul McCartney Remembers Slain John Lennon: Celebrities On The March