Pacific is a relatively tiny chain, with about 100 screens, but the deal gives Fandango two bragging rights: It now exclusively handles online ticket sales at one of the nation’s highest-grossing theaters: LA’s Pacific Theaters at The Grove. In addition, the agreement secures Fandango’s advantage over MovieTickets.com in Southern California. The NBCUniversal ticket sales company says that it offers tickets at 80% of the region’s theaters with advance ticketing capabilities. “With this new partnership, Fandango is now able to help the vast majority of Southern Californians plan their movie experience from start to finish — from movie discovery and decision making, to ticketing and post-theater engagement.” Fandango president Paul Yanover says. The company adds that it serves more than 21,000 U.S. screens, including more than 75% of theaters with advance ticket sales capabilities. Nearly half of Fandango’s 41M million monthly users buy tickets on smartphones and tablets. It’s the exclusive movie ticketer on Apple Siri and Google Now.
Pacific Theaters Sides With Fandango For Online Ticketing
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Lieberman
- Now That He's At Carmike, Can Bud Mayo Lead Theaters' Alternative Content Revolution?
- Cable Milestone: Operators Have More Broadband Subs Than TV Ones
- Look Out Gannett: Carl Icahn Buys 6.6% Stake
- Warren Buffett Sends A Mixed Message To John Malone As He Buys Into Charter But Unloads Starz
- Citing “Insulting” Criticism, Comcast And Time Warner Cable Withdraw Funding For Dinner Honoring FCC Commissioner
- Televisa Partners With MiTu To Develop Spanish-Language Digital Content