EXCLUSIVE: Heading into second season, Netflix‘s comedic prison drama Orange Is The New Black has added Lorraine Toussaint in a heavily recurring role. Additionally, Danielle Brooks, who recurred on Season 1 as Taystee, has been promoted to regular. She joins fellow newly minted series regular Taryn Manning. Toussaint, repped by Innovative and manager Craig Dorfman, will play Vee, a longtime street tough who ran her own drug business, recruiting children to serve as runners. She recurs on ABC Family’s The Fosters and starred in Ava Duvernay’s Middle Of Nowhere. Brooks, repped by Innovative, landed the role of carefree Tasha Jefferson aka Taystee fresh out of Julliard.
‘Orange Is The New Black’ Adds Lorraine Toussaint, Promotes Danielle Brooks
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- SVP Alternative Among Several Eliminated Positions At CW
- Nora Arnezeder To Co-Star In 'Zoo'; Christian Campbell Joins 'True Detective'
- Paul Dano To Co-Star In Steve McQueen's HBO Pilot 'Codes Of Conduct'
- 'Jump Start' Comic Strip To Be Adapted As Family Comedy For Fox
- Resolution's Cynthia Booth & Emma Lewis Join Don Buchwald & Associates