EXCLUSIVE: Heading into second season, Netflix‘s comedic prison drama Orange Is The New Black has added Lorraine Toussaint in a heavily recurring role. Additionally, Danielle Brooks, who recurred on Season 1 as Taystee, has been promoted to regular. She joins fellow newly minted series regular Taryn Manning. Toussaint, repped by Innovative and manager Craig Dorfman, will play Vee, a longtime street tough who ran her own drug business, recruiting children to serve as runners. She recurs on ABC Family’s The Fosters and starred in Ava Duvernay’s Middle Of Nowhere. Brooks, repped by Innovative, landed the role of carefree Tasha Jefferson aka Taystee fresh out of Julliard.
‘Orange Is The New Black’ Adds Lorraine Toussaint, Promotes Danielle Brooks
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- ABC Buys Medical Thriller From Janine Sherman Barrois & Aaron Kaplan
- Bob Cooper, EOne Prep Post-Apocalyptic Event Series With Book Acquisition
- Fox Buys Detective Drama Based On Australian Miniseries 'Jack Irish'
- 'The Greatest American Hero' Gets Fox Remake With Phil Lord & Chris Miller
- Jennifer Johnson Exiting 'The Following' As Showrunner, Trio Takes Over
- Enver Gjokaj & Chad Michael Murray Cast In ABC Series 'Marvel's Agent Carter'