EXCLUSIVE: Heading into second season, Netflix‘s comedic prison drama Orange Is The New Black has added Lorraine Toussaint in a heavily recurring role. Additionally, Danielle Brooks, who recurred on Season 1 as Taystee, has been promoted to regular. She joins fellow newly minted series regular Taryn Manning. Toussaint, repped by Innovative and manager Craig Dorfman, will play Vee, a longtime street tough who ran her own drug business, recruiting children to serve as runners. She recurs on ABC Family’s The Fosters and starred in Ava Duvernay’s Middle Of Nowhere. Brooks, repped by Innovative, landed the role of carefree Tasha Jefferson aka Taystee fresh out of Julliard.
‘Orange Is The New Black’ Adds Lorraine Toussaint, Promotes Danielle Brooks
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
Box Office FINAL: 'Maze Runner' Finds $32.5M; Liam's 'Walk' Limps In With $12.7M; 'Where I Leave You,' $11.5M
More From Andreeva
- Nastaran Dibai & Aaron Kaplan Re-Team For ABC Romantic Comedy
- CBS Buys Comedy From Andrew Reich, Ted Cohen & Gail Berman
- Shea Whigham To Co-Star On 'Marvel's Agent Carter'
- 'Shark Tank' Star Kevin O'Leary Signs With UTA
- Jacki Weaver To Co-Star In Seth MacFarlane's 'Blunt Talk' Series On Starz
- CW's 'The Flash' & 'Jane The Virgin' Get Backup Script Orders Ahead Of Premieres