EXCLUSIVE: Heading into second season, Netflix‘s comedic prison drama Orange Is The New Black has added Lorraine Toussaint in a heavily recurring role. Additionally, Danielle Brooks, who recurred on Season 1 as Taystee, has been promoted to regular. She joins fellow newly minted series regular Taryn Manning. Toussaint, repped by Innovative and manager Craig Dorfman, will play Vee, a longtime street tough who ran her own drug business, recruiting children to serve as runners. She recurs on ABC Family’s The Fosters and starred in Ava Duvernay’s Middle Of Nowhere. Brooks, repped by Innovative, landed the role of carefree Tasha Jefferson aka Taystee fresh out of Julliard.
‘Orange Is The New Black’ Adds Lorraine Toussaint, Promotes Danielle Brooks
What's Hot on Deadline
Sean Spicer Insists Donald Trump Plugged Judge Jeanine's Show Only Because He Is Fan, "Plain And Simple"
'Beauty And The Beast' Nears $700M WW; 'Kong' Has Mighty $72M China Bow, Tops $250M Offshore - International Box Office
Chuck Schumer Demands House Dump Intel Committee Chair Devin Nunes After White House Deflects Questions
Latest TV News
- WGA West's Board Votes To Send Strike-Authorization Ballots To Members
- Stephen Colbert: Donald Trump Puts Jared Kushner In Charge Of Bureau Of Obvious Nepotism
- ‘Spaced Out’: Matt Shively & Christine Woods To Topline NBC Comedy Pilot
- Harry Connick Jr. Talk Show Renewed For Season 2
- ‘Fargo’ Season 3 Extended Trailer: “The Gloves Are Off Now” – You Betcha
- Pilot Season 2017: Network Ownership & In-Season Stacking Rights Cast Shadow