Not only is OWN now turning a profit but the Oprah Winfrey Network saw some returning shows hit series highs this weekend. Season 3 of docu-series Welcome To Sweetie Pie’s debuted on July 27 to 1.1 million viewers overall and a 1.0 rating among Women 25-54. That’s a 15% viewership rise and a 14% demo rise for the soul food restaurant-based show over its Season 2 premiere back on September 15, 2012. Sweetie Pie’s was also the No. 1 show on all TV that Saturday night among African-American women. The next night saw Oprah: Where Are They Now? open its third season with new highs. Featuring Denise Richards and Survivor winner Richard Hatch among this cycle’s debut guests, the show updates stories and interviews from Oprah’s former talk show. According to Nielsen, Where Are They Now? garnered 657,000 viewers and a 0.56 rating among W 25-54. That’s up 71% in viewers from the series’ Season 2 average and up 87% in the demo.
OWN’s ‘Welcome To Sweetie Pie’s’ & ‘Oprah: Where Are They Now?’ Return With Highs
What's Hot on Deadline
Bernie Sanders: Obama Administration "Should Kill" The AT&T-Time Warner Deal: "Higher Prices & Fewer Choices"
'Madea' To Push Well Past $27M As 'Jack Reacher' Takes $22M to $23M; 'Joneses' Can't Keep Up - Sun. AM Update
'Saturday Night Live' Hits Season High Ratings With Tom Hanks, Lady Gaga & More Donald Trump & Hillary Clinton
Latest TV News
- Benedict Cumberbatch To Host ‘Saturday Night Live’ November 5
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 7 Preview: Who Does Negan Kill? Is It [Spoiler]?
- Bernie Sanders: Obama Administration “Should Kill” The AT&T-Time Warner Deal: “Higher Prices & Fewer Choices”…
- Jimmy Perry Dies: British TV Writer-Creator Was 93
- Cubs’ Game 6 NLCS Win Over Dodgers A Home Run For Fox Sports
- Dan Rather Probes ‘Trump Nation’ Week Before Election On Mark Cuban’s AXS-TV