Not only is OWN now turning a profit but the Oprah Winfrey Network saw some returning shows hit series highs this weekend. Season 3 of docu-series Welcome To Sweetie Pie’s debuted on July 27 to 1.1 million viewers overall and a 1.0 rating among Women 25-54. That’s a 15% viewership rise and a 14% demo rise for the soul food restaurant-based show over its Season 2 premiere back on September 15, 2012. Sweetie Pie’s was also the No. 1 show on all TV that Saturday night among African-American women. The next night saw Oprah: Where Are They Now? open its third season with new highs. Featuring Denise Richards and Survivor winner Richard Hatch among this cycle’s debut guests, the show updates stories and interviews from Oprah’s former talk show. According to Nielsen, Where Are They Now? garnered 657,000 viewers and a 0.56 rating among W 25-54. That’s up 71% in viewers from the series’ Season 2 average and up 87% in the demo.
OWN’s ‘Welcome To Sweetie Pie’s’ & ‘Oprah: Where Are They Now?’ Return With Highs
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Jon Lindstrom Joins 'True Detective'; Dan Buran Boards TNT's Drug-Trade Pilot
- 'Unfinished Business' Redband Trailer: Vince Vaughn And Company Invade Europe
- 'Late Late Show' Guest Hosts Include Drew Carey & Judd Apatow Ahead Of Corden Debut
- Richard Linklater To Receive Palm Springs Visionary Award For 'Boyhood'
- MPTF's Night Before Oscar Fundraiser Setting Up Shop On Fox Lot
- Matt Barr Joins TNT's Drug-Trade Pilot; Katie Sarife In 'The Michelle Knight Story'