BREAKING … OWN just announced that will air an exclusive Oprah Winfrey interview with Lindsay Lohan that will tape and air in August, and that it has also sealed a deal for an eight-part documentary series starring Lohan set to air in 2014. Winfrey continues to be the go-to person for troubled celebs; this will be Lohan’s first post-rehab sit-down and comes on the heels of Winfrey’s much-publicized Lance Armstrong interviews in January. Other high-gloss subjects for OWN include Whitney Houston’s daughter on Winfrey’s signature interview show Oprah’s Next Chapter. All have been ratings magnets for the network, which is rebounding after a slow launch: OWN is coming of its best ratings quarter in the network’s history, and June marked month-to-month gains in key adult and female demos thanks in part to the new Tyler Perry scripted series The Haves And The Have Nots and Love Thy Neighbor. Lohan recently had stints on FX’s Anger Management and Fox’s Glee before heading to court-mandated rehab, and before that she starred as Elizabeth Taylor on Lifetime’s biopic Liz & Dick and in Paul Schrader’s indie drama The Canyons, which comes out August 2. EW had the details of the Oprah-Lohan tie-up first.
Oprah Winfrey Lands Lindsay Lohan Interview And Reality Series
What's Hot on Deadline
'The Middle' Series Finale: ABC's Fond Farewell To America's Beloved TV Family Is One "Heck Of A Ride"
'The Middle' Co-Creator On The "Bittersweet" Series Finale, Devoted Fans And Possible 10-Year Reboot
Latest TV News
- Former Bachelorette Claims She Was Sexually Assaulted By Show’s Masseuse
- Why Is Comcast Still So Hot For Fox?
- ATX Television Festival Launches Podcast Series With Marta Kauffman, Bill Lawrence, Jason Katims & More Guests
- Donald Trump To Talk NFL, FBI Plots, And MS-13 With Brian Kilmeade On Thursday’s ‘Fox & Friends’
- Mike Pence Tweets Charlie Sheen-ily After NFL Unveils New No-Kneeling National Anthem Rule
- Michael Jackson Estate Claims ABC Didn’t Secure Rights For Special On Late Singer