It will be only the second time Oprah Winfrey has visited David Letterman‘s late-night talk show, following the long-in-the-works and much-publicized appearance in December 2005 after years of public bickering (and wooing) by Letterman. Winfrey is making her second-ever appearance August 1, the CBS show said today. Eight years ago, Winfrey’s appearance coincided with the red-carpet premiere of The Color Purple on Broadway; after her appearance, Letterman escorted her across the street to the opening. This time, Winfrey is promoting her new film Lee Daniels’ The Butler, which hits theaters August 16.
Oprah Winfrey Returning To ‘Letterman’ On August 1
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
More From Team
- Loretta Devine Joins Jerrod Carmichael Comedy Pilot; Hemky Madera In 'Queen Of The South'
- Fox Business Network Will Receive 'Strange Inheritance' In January
- Charlie Sheen To Reprise His 'Ferris Bueller's Day Off' Role On 'The Goldbergs'
- Hulu Inks Streaming Deal For FX Series, Including 'Tyrant', 'The Strain' & 'AHS'
- Byron Pitts Replacing Dan Abrams As 'Nightline' Anchor
- 'Orphan Black' Season 3: “This Is War” — Video