New York Governor Andrew Cuomo today announced the creation of a new post-production, VFX, and animation company to be established at the Tri-Main Center in Buffalo, NY. Empire Visual Effects and Daemen College will partner on the project which is expected to bring 150 new jobs within five years to the western NY city. Funding comes from a $4.5M allotment awarded by the state of New York from its $1B Buffalo Billion Investment Development Plan. In 2012, Cuomo upped post-production incentives from 10% to 30% in the metropolitan NY region and 35% in upstate NY; in April 2013, he raised filming and post-production tax credits to as much as 45% for qualified productions.
New York State Grants $4.5M To New Post, VFX, And Animation Co.
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- ‘Ouija: Origin Of Evil’: The Newton Brothers Talk Their Horror Film Score
- 'Moonlight' & ‘Michael Moore In TrumpLand' Top 2016 Theater Averages – Specialty B.O.
- ‘Madea’ To Push Well Past $27M As ‘Jack Reacher’ Takes $22M to $23M; ‘Joneses’ Can’t Keep Up – Sun…
- Matthew McConaughey To Be Honored At Napa Valley Film Festival
- Dan Porter, WME’s Head Of Digital, To Exit Agency