New York Governor Andrew Cuomo today announced the creation of a new post-production, VFX, and animation company to be established at the Tri-Main Center in Buffalo, NY. Empire Visual Effects and Daemen College will partner on the project which is expected to bring 150 new jobs within five years to the western NY city. Funding comes from a $4.5M allotment awarded by the state of New York from its $1B Buffalo Billion Investment Development Plan. In 2012, Cuomo upped post-production incentives from 10% to 30% in the metropolitan NY region and 35% in upstate NY; in April 2013, he raised filming and post-production tax credits to as much as 45% for qualified productions.
New York State Grants $4.5M To New Post, VFX, And Animation Co.
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- ‘Fifty Shades Darker’ Whips Past $300M At Worldwide Box Office
- Moviegoers Will ‘Get Out’ Of The House & Spend $26.5M-$28M On Jordan Peele’s Directorial Debut – Midday B.O…
- Patty Freedman Dies: Theater Publicist & Actress Was 64
- Amy Adams’ ‘Arrival’ Flies Past $100M; 3rd Oscar Best Picture Nominee To Hit Mark
- 'Bitter Harvest', ‘My Life As A Zucchini’ & ‘Dying Laughing’ Offer Oscar Weekend Alternatives – Specialty B.O…