EXCLUSIVE: Having worked together on New Girl and the feature Ceremony, Jake Johnson and Max Winkler have now formally teamed up with a production company at 20th Century Fox TV. The new shingle is called The Walcott Company and the duo have brought Management 360’s Mary Lee on board to run it for them. This follows the actor and the writer-director collaborating on the single camera comedy pilot The B-Team for Fox TV and Imagine TV last year as well as Winkler directing a number of episodes of New Girl’s recently concluded second season. The two sold a mob feature comedy pitch to Warner Bros last year. Repped by CAA and Management 360, Winkler is set to direct The Coward, based on an adaptation he co-wrote with Matt Spicer of Nick Jones’ comic play about 18th century English aristocrats. Chris O’Dowd will star in the film. Returning for New Girl’s third season in the fall, Johnson will be seen with Olivia Wilde in the upcoming indie Drinking Buddies later this summer as well in the Fox action pic Let’s Be Cops which is expected out next year. The actor is repped by UTA and 3 Arts.
‘New Girl’ Duo Jake Johnson & Max Winkler Launch Shingle At 20th Century TV
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Patten
- MPAA Plans Runaway Production Summit In D.C.
- Warner Bros Could Be Haunted By New 'Conjuring' Producer Lawsuit
- UPDATE: RATINGS RAT RACE: 'Under The Dome', 'Mistresses' Finale & 'Running Wild' Down On Holiday, 'MasterChef' & 'ANW' Steady
- RATINGS RAT RACE: MDA Telethon Even, 'Big Brother' Down & 'Reckless' Surges As CBS Wins Night
- UPDATED: MPAA Weighs In; Action! California Senate Overwhelmingly Passes $330M Film & TV Tax Credit Expansion
- ICM Partners Trying To Head Off Interns' Class Action Lawsuit