The companies hinted in December, when they announced a sports content alliance, that we’d see collaborative programming arrangements like the two announced today. This week they’ll introduce Fantasy Football Live — Thursday Night, a weekly show that helps NFL fantasy players build their teams. A version for TV will run each week at 6:30 PM ET on NBC Sports Network. At 7 PM a digital-only version will appear on Yahoo Sports and NBCSports.com. The program will use data from NBC Sports’ fantasy site, Rotoworld.com. Then, on August 19, NBC Sports Network will introduce an hour-long weekday show, SportsDash With Yahoo! Sports, with news and feature stories based on topics that are trending on the Internet platform. It will be followed by a 15-minute version on Yahoo, NBCSports.com and the NBC Sports Live Extra app. “We are very excited to extend our relationship with NBC Sports in an innovative way that combines the best of broadcast and digital media,” says Kenneth Fuchs, head of Yahoo! Sports and Games.
NBC And Yahoo Plan Sports Programs To Run On TV and Internet
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Lieberman
- Now That He's At Carmike, Can Bud Mayo Lead Theaters' Alternative Content Revolution?
- Cable Milestone: Operators Have More Broadband Subs Than TV Ones
- Look Out Gannett: Carl Icahn Buys 6.6% Stake
- Warren Buffett Sends A Mixed Message To John Malone As He Buys Into Charter But Unloads Starz
- Citing “Insulting” Criticism, Comcast And Time Warner Cable Withdraw Funding For Dinner Honoring FCC Commissioner
- Televisa Partners With MiTu To Develop Spanish-Language Digital Content