EXCLUSIVE: The set of the ABC crime drama came to a standstill when lead Nathan Fillion didn’t show up Friday. I’ve learned the actor is in the midst of a contract dispute with producers ABC Studios over his desire for a four-day workweek on Castle, which is in production on its sixth season. It looks like the absence was his way of sending a message. ABC reps say the show continues to shoot this week, and Fillion is on set. The actor plays crime novelist Richard Castle on the show, which debuted in 2009 and sees Fillion partnered with NYPD Detective Kate Beckett (Stana Katic). The series was picked up for another season by ABC on May 13, the same day it wrapped its fifth season. After a couple of tenuous seasons ratings-wise, Castle ranks as the network’s most-watched drama series. Fillion, who hosted the WGA West Awards in February, is repped by ICM Partners.
‘Castle’ Production Shuts Down For Day As Star Nathan Fillion Feuds With ABC Studios
What's Hot on Deadline
'Pacific Rim Uprising' Takes No. 1 With $23M+; 'Black Panther' Best Marvel Title Ever At Domestic B.O., Beating 'Avengers'
Latest TV News
- Ex-Playboy Playmate’s Donald Trump Tell-All Gooses Anderson Cooper Ratings
- ‘Pandas In New York’: Dhruv Singh To Star In CBS Comedy Pilot
- ‘Barry’ Review: Bill Hader’s A Hit, Man, On HBO’s New Dark Comedy
- Roseanne Barr Plays Donald Trump Card, Warning Jimmy Kimmel Alternative Is Mike Pence
- ‘Station 19’ Launch No Ratings Barn Burner Against NCAA And ‘Chicago Fire’ Double Pump
- Donald Trump Signs Into Law Spending Bill He Threatened To Veto In Morning Twitter Stunt