EXCLUSIVE: The set of the ABC crime drama came to a standstill when lead Nathan Fillion didn’t show up Friday. I’ve learned the actor is in the midst of a contract dispute with producers ABC Studios over his desire for a four-day workweek on Castle, which is in production on its sixth season. It looks like the absence was his way of sending a message. ABC reps say the show continues to shoot this week, and Fillion is on set. The actor plays crime novelist Richard Castle on the show, which debuted in 2009 and sees Fillion partnered with NYPD Detective Kate Beckett (Stana Katic). The series was picked up for another season by ABC on May 13, the same day it wrapped its fifth season. After a couple of tenuous seasons ratings-wise, Castle ranks as the network’s most-watched drama series. Fillion, who hosted the WGA West Awards in February, is repped by ICM Partners.
‘Castle’ Production Shuts Down For Day As Star Nathan Fillion Feuds With ABC Studios
What's Hot on Deadline
Bernie Sanders: Obama Administration "Should Kill" The AT&T-Time Warner Deal: "Higher Prices & Fewer Choices"
'The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon' Showrunner Josh Lieb Departs For Uni TV Overall Deal, Trio Promoted To Run Show
Latest TV News
- ‘24: Legacy’ Adds Raphael Acloque & Themo Melikidze
- ‘Serial’ Suspect Adnan Syed Requests Release While Awaiting New Trial
- Fox Buys Legal Dramedy From Carter Covington, Robin Schiff & Jason Winer
- Lady Gaga ‘Carpool Karaoke’ Hits ‘Late Late Show With James Corden’ This Week
- CBS Buys Spy Drama ‘Sentinels’ From Trio Of ‘Scorpion’ Producers
- WGA West’s TV Writer Access Project Opens Submissions For 2016-17