EXCLUSIVE: Molly Shannon, who just received an Emmy nomination for her recurring role on HBO’s Enlightened, has been tapped for an arc on another HBO half-hour series, the upcoming Getting On. Additionally, the Saturday Night Live alumna is set for a recurring role on the Fox family comedy Raising Hope. On Getting On, a U.S. version of the award-winning BBC Four medical comedy, Shannon will play Phyllis Sullivan, a sweet, slightly discombobulated soul — at the end of her rope — who is giving too much of herself up in caring for children, spouse, pets, and now, her ailing mother. On the upcoming fourth season of Raising Hope, Shannon will play Maxime, the new owner of Howdy’s. She’ll first appear in episode 4. Shannon, repped by UTA and Steven Levy, is currently starring opposite John C Reilly in the indie Life After Beth.
Molly Shannon To Recur On HBO’s ‘Getting On’, Fox’s ‘Raising Hope’
What's Hot on Deadline
Bravo Unveils Unscripted Slate With 6 New & 18 Returning Series; More 'Real Housewives' & 'Vanderpump Rules'
M Night Shyamalan Unveils 'Glass': 'Unbreakable' & 'Split' Sequel To Star Bruce Willis, Samuel L Jackson, James McAvoy
Mindy Kaling & 3 Arts Option Alyssa Mastromonaco White House Memoir 'Who Thought This Was A Good Idea?' For TV
Latest TV News
- ‘Bachelor’ Alum Chris Soules’ Lawyers Insist He Didn’t Leave Scene Of Fatal Accident
- BET Greenlights New Series From Kevin Hart, Steve Harvey, Wanda Sykes & More – Upfronts
- Warner Bros. TV Ups Peter Girardi To Dual EVP Roles
- AMC Networks’ Josh Sapan Made $30.5M In 2016, Up 72.4%, Proxy Shows
- ‘Shooter’: Patrick Sabongui, Troy Garity & Jaina Lee Ortiz Set To Recur In Season 2
- ‘Timeless’ EP Eric Kripke On The Moment He Realized He Was Telling A James Bond Story — AwardsLine…