EXCLUSIVE: Molly Shannon, who just received an Emmy nomination for her recurring role on HBO’s Enlightened, has been tapped for an arc on another HBO half-hour series, the upcoming Getting On. Additionally, the Saturday Night Live alumna is set for a recurring role on the Fox family comedy Raising Hope. On Getting On, a U.S. version of the award-winning BBC Four medical comedy, Shannon will play Phyllis Sullivan, a sweet, slightly discombobulated soul — at the end of her rope — who is giving too much of herself up in caring for children, spouse, pets, and now, her ailing mother. On the upcoming fourth season of Raising Hope, Shannon will play Maxime, the new owner of Howdy’s. She’ll first appear in episode 4. Shannon, repped by UTA and Steven Levy, is currently starring opposite John C Reilly in the indie Life After Beth.
Molly Shannon To Recur On HBO’s ‘Getting On’, Fox’s ‘Raising Hope’
What's Hot on Deadline
Jimmy Kimmel Defends Florida Students Under Attack From Far Right Wingnuts Ted Nugent, Donald Trump Jr.
Latest TV News
- ‘Nashville’ Gets Midseason Return & Series Finale Dates On CMT; New Characters Added – Watch Promo
- ‘Abby’s’: Natalie Morales To Star In NBC Comedy Pilot
- Stephen Colbert Lampoons Marco Rubio’s Remarks At CNN Gun Violence Town Hall
- ‘In Between Lives’: Harriet Dyer To Topline NBC Clairvoyance Crime Drama Pilot
- Hollywood Activists Join In Pressuring Amazon To Drop NRA TV From Streaming Service
- Television Academy Sets Code of Conduct