EXCLUSIVE: Molly Shannon, who just received an Emmy nomination for her recurring role on HBO’s Enlightened, has been tapped for an arc on another HBO half-hour series, the upcoming Getting On. Additionally, the Saturday Night Live alumna is set for a recurring role on the Fox family comedy Raising Hope. On Getting On, a U.S. version of the award-winning BBC Four medical comedy, Shannon will play Phyllis Sullivan, a sweet, slightly discombobulated soul — at the end of her rope — who is giving too much of herself up in caring for children, spouse, pets, and now, her ailing mother. On the upcoming fourth season of Raising Hope, Shannon will play Maxime, the new owner of Howdy’s. She’ll first appear in episode 4. Shannon, repped by UTA and Steven Levy, is currently starring opposite John C Reilly in the indie Life After Beth.
Molly Shannon To Recur On HBO’s ‘Getting On’, Fox’s ‘Raising Hope’
What's Hot on Deadline
'The Middle' Series Finale: ABC's Fond Farewell To America's Beloved TV Family Is One "Heck Of A Ride"
'The Middle' Co-Creator On The "Bittersweet" Series Finale, Devoted Fans And Possible 10-Year Reboot
Latest TV News
- Former Bachelorette Claims She Was Sexually Assaulted By Show’s Masseuse
- Why Is Comcast Still So Hot For Fox?
- ATX Television Festival Launches Podcast Series With Marta Kauffman, Bill Lawrence, Jason Katims & More Guests
- Donald Trump To Talk NFL, FBI Plots, And MS-13 With Brian Kilmeade On Thursday’s ‘Fox & Friends’
- Mike Pence Tweets Charlie Sheen-ily After NFL Unveils New No-Kneeling National Anthem Rule
- Michael Jackson Estate Claims ABC Didn’t Secure Rights For Special On Late Singer