EXCLUSIVE: Mexican indie producers Daniel Posada, Rodolfo Marquez, and Alexis Fridman have formed Dark Factory Entertainment, a new shingle backed by private equity that aims to produce low budget features specializing in elevated genre fare. Dark Factory will launch with the thriller Reversal, which has Mexican helmer Jose Manuel Cravioto set to direct from a script by Rock Shaink Jr. and Keith Kjornes. Cravioto’s relationship with the Dark Factory crew began with his upcoming pic El Charro Misterioso, which Fridman produced and Posada exec produced. Posada’s producing credits include Carlos Rincones’ forthcoming The Bad Guys as well as Mexican films Casese Quien Pueda, Tekuani, The Guardian and I Hate Love, all of which he exec produced. Marquez will serve as Dark Factory’s CFO and comes to the new shingle with EP credits on Mexican frightener Untitled Horror Project and KM 31-2, the sequel to Mexican horror pic KM 31 (Kilómetro 31) now in pre-production. Fridman’s resume includes KM 31 and Cannes Un Certain Regard winner After Lucia, which was selected as Mexico’s Foreign Oscar entry. Dark Factory is repped by Brillstein Entertainment Partners’ Jai Khanna, who will also EP the company’s slate.
Mexican Producer Trio Forms Dark Factory Entertainment
What's Hot on Deadline
'Fifty Shades' Dominant With $277M WW; 'La La' Lands $200M+ Overseas; 'XXX' Tops In China - International Box Office
Latest Film News
- Martin Scorsese's 'The Irishman,' Starring Robert De Niro Heading To Netflix?
- Leah Adler Dies: Steven Spielberg’s Mother Was 97
- Uma Thurman Regrets Turning Down ‘Lord Of The Rings’ Role
- UCLA Diversity Report Downplays Gains Made By Industry’s Women and Minorities
- ‘Logan’ Review: The Marvel Comic Book Movie For People Who Hate Marvel Comic Book Movies
- Simon Kinberg Looking To Direct Next ‘X-Men’?