EXCLUSIVE: Mexican indie producers Daniel Posada, Rodolfo Marquez, and Alexis Fridman have formed Dark Factory Entertainment, a new shingle backed by private equity that aims to produce low budget features specializing in elevated genre fare. Dark Factory will launch with the thriller Reversal, which has Mexican helmer Jose Manuel Cravioto set to direct from a script by Rock Shaink Jr. and Keith Kjornes. Cravioto’s relationship with the Dark Factory crew began with his upcoming pic El Charro Misterioso, which Fridman produced and Posada exec produced. Posada’s producing credits include Carlos Rincones’ forthcoming The Bad Guys as well as Mexican films Casese Quien Pueda, Tekuani, The Guardian and I Hate Love, all of which he exec produced. Marquez will serve as Dark Factory’s CFO and comes to the new shingle with EP credits on Mexican frightener Untitled Horror Project and KM 31-2, the sequel to Mexican horror pic KM 31 (Kilómetro 31) now in pre-production. Fridman’s resume includes KM 31 and Cannes Un Certain Regard winner After Lucia, which was selected as Mexico’s Foreign Oscar entry. Dark Factory is repped by Brillstein Entertainment Partners’ Jai Khanna, who will also EP the company’s slate.
Mexican Producer Trio Forms Dark Factory Entertainment
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Yamato
- Renee Zellweger Set For 'Same Kind Of Different As Me'
- Bella Thorne Joins Animated 'Underdogs'
- 'Terminator's James Cameron & Gale Anne Hurd: Hasta La Vista To "Fear-Based" Studio Filmmaking
- Misty Upham Found Dead: Family Of 'Frozen River' Actress Says Police Uncooperative In Search – Update
- Management & Prod. Co LEIBO Launches In L.A.