“We’re getting the band back together again,” former Nomura Securities analyst Michael Nathanson says of his decision to team up with Craig Moffett, his former colleague for eight years at Bernstein Research. With the move, Moffett’s new boutique research firm will be renamed MoffettNathanson LLC. It reunites two of the Street’s most provocative thinkers — Moffett specializes in telecom and pay TV distribution companies while Nathanson focuses on content producers and advertising. Nathanson twice won top honors among U.S. media analysts in Institutional Investor Magazine’s annual All-America Research Team poll. “One plus one is three,” Moffett says. “Michael is the most insightful media analyst around. But what’s most exciting is that he makes my work better, and vice versa.” Nathanson’s the brother-in-law of CNN chief Jeff Zucker — but that didn’t stop him at Nomura from giving Time Warner a “neutral” rating.
Media Analyst Michael Nathanson Leaps To Moffett Research
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Business News
- The ABCs Of Relativity: What Happened In Its Bankruptcy Case, And What’s Next?
- Paramount Extends Brad Grey To 2020 Amid Viacom Efforts To Rebuild Studio
- CAA Book Promises To Surprise, Will Hit Store Shelves Next Summer
- ‘Amazing Spider-Man 2’ Stuntman Slaps Age-Discrimination Suit On Sony, Marvel & Others
- Hollywood Accused Of "White-Washing" Roles Meant For Asians
- Academy Museum Gets $5M+ Donation From Shirley Temple Black Estate