“We’re getting the band back together again,” former Nomura Securities analyst Michael Nathanson says of his decision to team up with Craig Moffett, his former colleague for eight years at Bernstein Research. With the move, Moffett’s new boutique research firm will be renamed MoffettNathanson LLC. It reunites two of the Street’s most provocative thinkers — Moffett specializes in telecom and pay TV distribution companies while Nathanson focuses on content producers and advertising. Nathanson twice won top honors among U.S. media analysts in Institutional Investor Magazine’s annual All-America Research Team poll. “One plus one is three,” Moffett says. “Michael is the most insightful media analyst around. But what’s most exciting is that he makes my work better, and vice versa.” Nathanson’s the brother-in-law of CNN chief Jeff Zucker — but that didn’t stop him at Nomura from giving Time Warner a “neutral” rating.
Media Analyst Michael Nathanson Leaps To Moffett Research
Trending Now on Deadline
'Black-ish', 'Grey's Anatomy', 'Castle', 'The Goldbergs', 'Modern Family', 'Once Upon A Time' & Others Get Extra Episodes At ABC
More From Lieberman
- When Will Big Hollywood Studios Aggressively Produce Original Shows For Digital TV?
- AMC Networks And BBC Chiefs On The Future Of BBC America
- AMC Networks Pays $200M For 49.9% Of BBC America
- Amazon Shares Fall After Q3 Losses Exceed Expectations
- Is Wall Street Starting To Doubt That Comcast-Time Warner Cable Deal Will Close?
- UPDATE: Comcast Says HBO And CBS Online Plans Won't Upset TV Ecosystem: Live Blog