“We’re getting the band back together again,” former Nomura Securities analyst Michael Nathanson says of his decision to team up with Craig Moffett, his former colleague for eight years at Bernstein Research. With the move, Moffett’s new boutique research firm will be renamed MoffettNathanson LLC. It reunites two of the Street’s most provocative thinkers — Moffett specializes in telecom and pay TV distribution companies while Nathanson focuses on content producers and advertising. Nathanson twice won top honors among U.S. media analysts in Institutional Investor Magazine’s annual All-America Research Team poll. “One plus one is three,” Moffett says. “Michael is the most insightful media analyst around. But what’s most exciting is that he makes my work better, and vice versa.” Nathanson’s the brother-in-law of CNN chief Jeff Zucker — but that didn’t stop him at Nomura from giving Time Warner a “neutral” rating.
Media Analyst Michael Nathanson Leaps To Moffett Research
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
Parkinson's & Robin Williams: Ex-Time Warner Chief Jerry Levin's Personal Reveal - Turning Tragedy Into Legacy
More From Lieberman
- Now That He's At Carmike, Can Bud Mayo Lead Theaters' Alternative Content Revolution?
- Cable Milestone: Operators Have More Broadband Subs Than TV Ones
- Look Out Gannett: Carl Icahn Buys 6.6% Stake
- Warren Buffett Sends A Mixed Message To John Malone As He Buys Into Charter But Unloads Starz
- Citing “Insulting” Criticism, Comcast And Time Warner Cable Withdraw Funding For Dinner Honoring FCC Commissioner
- Televisa Partners With MiTu To Develop Spanish-Language Digital Content