Off her turn in A Good Day To Die Hard and Sundance success in The Spectacular Now earlier this year, Mary Elizabeth Winstead has put down new dual stakes in the indie world. Winstead is on board with Faults, her husband Riley Stearns’ next directorial project. The actress will play a young cult member whose parents hire an expert to deprogram her, but the expert begins to think they might be more of a threat than the cult. Produced by Snoot Entertainment, Faults is scheduled to start shooting later this year. The actress will also star in Chris Messina’s yet-untitled directorial debut with Derek Luke, who had a recurring role on the first season of FX’s The Americans. Winstead will play an environmental lawyer who is left to raise her 12-year-old son alone after her husband bolts. The Mindy Project co-star Messina is helming the pic with Electric City’s Jamie Patricof and Lynette Howell producing. The latest projects come with Winstead having already been cast as the female lead in the Cinemax pilot Quarry, and she has an album coming out this summer with producer Dan the Automator under the moniker Got A Girl. Winstead is repped by WME, Anonymous Content, and Jackoway Tyerman Wertheimer Austen Mandelbaum Morris & Klein.
‘Die Hard’s’ Mary Elizabeth Winstead Joins Two New Indie Features
What's Hot on Deadline
'Tomorrowland,' 'Pitch Perfect' Battling For No. 1; 'Mad Max' Holds Strong; 'Ultron' To Cross $400M - Box Office Saturday
TLC "Deeply Saddened" As It Pulls All Episodes of '19 Kids And Counting' In Wake Of Child Molestation Allegations - Update
'Jurassic World' Tracking Like 'Man Of Steel' - But How Many $100M+ Openings After That In Summer 2015?
Hot Cannes 'Circle' Package Imperiled As Alicia Vikander In Talks To Star In 'Assassin's Creed', New 'Bourne' Film
Latest Film News
- How Director Rick Famuyiwa Grew ‘Dope’ – Cannes Q&A
- Michael Fassbender In ‘Macbeth': A Pair Of Clips From Cannes
- Un Certain Regard Winners: ‘Rams’, ‘The High Sun’, ‘Treasure’ & More – Cannes
- ‘Son Of Saul’ Wins FIPRESCI; Ecumenical Jury Honors ‘Mia Madre’ – Cannes
- Hot Cannes ‘Circle’ Package Imperiled As Alicia Vikander In Talks To Star In ‘Assassin’s Creed’, New ‘Bourne…
- ‘Tomorrowland,’ ‘Pitch Perfect’ Battling For No. 1; ‘Mad Max’ Holds Strong; ‘Ultron’ To Cross $400M – Box…