EXCLUSIVE: Martin Henderson is set for the lead in Sundance Channel‘s second original scripted series The Red Road. The project, formerly known as The Descendants, has a straight-to-series six-episode order. It’s described as a hard-hitting drama that revolves around Harold Jensen (Henderson), a sheriff struggling to keep his family together while simultaneously policing two clashing communities: the small town where he grew up and the neighboring Ramapo Mountains, home of the Ramapo Mountain Indians. Henderson joins previously cast Jason Momoa, who plays Indian ex-con Phillip Kopus and Julianne Nicholson who plays Jensen’s wife. Writer Aaron Guzikowski and Sarah Condon are exec producing and Bridget Carpenter serves as executive producer/showrunner. The first Sundance original series, Rectify, returns for a second season next year. Henderson, repped by CAA, Management 360 and Warren Dern, will next be seen in Devil’s Knot.
Martin Henderson To Topline Sundance Original Series ‘The Red Road’
What's Hot on Deadline
'Tomorrowland' Bows Overseas With $27.5M, 'Ultron' Dominates With $46.4M, 'Mad Max' Adds $38.2M, 'Spy' Nabs $12.5M
TLC "Deeply Saddened" As It Pulls All Episodes of '19 Kids And Counting' In Wake Of Child Molestation Allegations - Update
Cannes Winners: The French Did Well, The Italians Didn't - But Who's Complaining After Cinema's World Cup?
Latest TV News
- NASCAR 600 Ratings Slow Down, ‘Battle Creek’ Ends Even, ‘A.D.’ Ratings Dip
- Charter Nears $55B Deal To Buy Time Warner Cable: Reports
- Netflix Rumored To Want Gerard Depardieu For French ‘House Of Cards’
- Anne Meara Dies; Actress, Comedian Of Stiller Family Was 85
- Marty Pasetta Dies: Longtime Director Of Academy Awards Telecasts Was 82
- ‘X-Factor’ Producers Hit With $2M Lawsuit By Contestant; Says Performance Was “Altered”