MSG says that the Forum, which it bought in 2012, will reopen January 15, 2014 with a performance by The Eagles following the upgrade. “Since we first explored the opportunity to acquire the Forum and expand The Madison Square Garden Company’s presence on the West Coast, our vision has been clear: return the venue to its celebrated position as one of the most beloved and well-known venues in the country for the benefit of the community, fans and performers for generations to come,” says MSG Executive Chairman James Dolan. He thanked his pal Irving Azoff for bringing the Forum to his attention and says that the long time manager of groups including The Eagles and Steely Dan “will play an important role in helping us meet our ambitious goals.” Azoff called the Forum “an iconic Southern California landmark” that is “sure to become the world’s quintessential music-focused venue.” BBB Architects, which worked on the renovation of Madison Square Garden, will direct the work on the Forum. The company says it will be “inspired by the venue’s original 1967 design, and includes upgrades to the entire venue site.” It will be given flexible seating to accommodate up to 17,500. The exterior paint job will keep its 1960’s “California sunset red.” Chase bank was named the Presenting Partner. The City of Inglewood will lend $18M for the renovation and has included “a number of forgiveness options,” says Stifel analyst Benjamin Mogil.
Madison Square Garden Plans $100M Revamp Of the Forum In Inglewood
What's Hot on Deadline
Ryan Murphy On '9-1-1's Ratings Success, Season 2 Details, Connie Britton's Future On the Show & Potential Spinoff Series
'The Assassination Of Gianni Versace' Season Finale: What Does Designer's Murder Mean 20 Years Later?
'Star Wars: The Last Jedi' Deleted Scene Features Tom Hardy, Prince Harry & Prince William As Storm Troopers
'Once Upon A Time' Series Finale: Ginnifer Goodwin, Jennifer Morrison, Josh Dallas & Emilie de Ravin Returning
Hallmark Channel Upfront Presentation Canceled Due To Storm; Net Makes Announcements, Including ‘When Calls the Heart’ Renewal, At Central Park Event
Latest Business News
- Facebook’s Mark Zuckerberg Offers Apology On CNN For Data Leak: “This Was A Major Breach Of Trust”
- On Eve Of AT&T-DOJ Trial, Media Business Weighs The Stakes
- Rosario Dawson, Rubén Blades Contribute To Comics Anthology ‘Ricanstruction’ Benefiting Puerto Rico…
- Andrew McCabe Investigated Jeff Sessions About Russian Contacts Months Before Sessions Sacked Him: ABC News
- Disneyland’s Pirates Of The Caribbean Ride Makes Some Changes To Controversial Bride Auction Scene
- Meredith Plans 1,200 Layoffs & Will Sell Time, Sports Illustrated, Fortune And Money