The Saturday night premiere of the Lifetime original movie on the life of former Playmate Anna Nicole Smith pulled in 3.3 million viewers. Anna Nicole was even with the 3.3 million viewers the Rob Lowe-starring Prosecuting Casey Anthony drew on January 19. It was down from the 3.5 million that heavily hyped Liz & Dick with Lindsay Lohan garnered on November 25, 2012. Saturday’s movie drew a 2.6 household rating. Anna Nicole was the top original cable movie premiere of the year so far among adults 25-54 (1.6 million) and adults 18-49 (1.4 million). That’s best for Lifetime in the key demos as well as among women 25-54 and women 18-49 since last fall’s Steel Magnolias. Agnes Bruckner starred as Anna Nicole, alongside Martin Landau, Virginia Madsen, Adam Goldberg and Cary Elwes. Craig Zadan, Neil Meron and Judith Verno executive produced the Sony Pictures TV film which follows the softcore rise and harsh fall of the former Vickie Lynn Hogan, a Lone Star state high school dropout and single mother with dreams of a better life and the drive to get it. The biopic explores the sordid details that created Smith’s infamous persona, from stardom to her death from a combo of pills. Lifetime will air an encore of the movie tonight.
Lifetime’s ‘Anna Nicole’ Draws 3.3M Viewers
What's Hot on Deadline
Bravo Renews & Expands 'Southern Charm', Sets More 'Shahs Of Sunset' & 'Million Dollar Listing New York'
Latest TV News
- Dan Jinks Sells Three Projects To CBS, Including Comedy Starring Lucas Hazlett
- TV News And Clinton Campaign Thrown Into Tizzy As FBI Looks At Emails Again
- Liz Paulson Upped to SVP Casting At 20th Century Fox TV
- John Zacherle Dies; Pioneering “Cool Ghoul” Horror Host Was 98
- Rob Sharenow On Cops Going Live In A&E Docu Series ‘Live PD’: “They Want the World To See What Really Goes On”…
- AMC Buys ‘Dietland’ Drama From Marti Noxon & Skydance For Series Consideration