Does this mean that the CBS chief believes that his stock has topped out, and it’s time to bail? Not according to a CBS rep: Les Moonves‘ estate plan — it’s called a 10b51 –provides for stock purchases and sales to automatically take place at set times, and this happens to be one of those times. According to an SEC filing, this week Moonves acquired 450,000 shares from options at $23.19 a share (or $10.4M), and sold 675,000 for prices ranging from $49.02 to $49.51 a share (for $22.1M). No matter what motivated the sale, that’s a tidy profit with CBS — which closed today at $50.06 — hovering around its all time high (measured since 2006 when it was spun off from Viacom). But many prominent execs use automatic triggers for their estate trading to avoid sending an unintended signal to investors who keep an eagle eye on insider trades to see when the people who know a company best believe that the stock price is about to change its trajectory. Moonves can’t avoid the spotlight when it comes to financial affairs: His $62.2M compensation package for 2012 made him one of corporate America’s highest paid execs.
Les Moonves Unloads $22.1M Of CBS Stock As Part Of Estate Plan
What's Hot on Deadline
'Black Panther' Keeps B.O. Treasure From 'Tomb Raider'; How 'I Can Only Imagine' Hit A $17M High Note
Ellen Barkin Says "Never Get Into An Elevator Alone With Terry Gilliam" After His Criticism Of #MeToo Movement
'SNL': Anderson Cooper Addresses White House Firings; John Goodman & Fred Armisen Make Surprise Visits
'Avengers: Infinity War' Already The Best-Selling Superhero Movie In Advance Ticket Sales, Beating 'Black Panther'
'SNL' Imagines #MeToo Apology Spree By "Canada's Harvey Weinstein," Trots Out Impressions In 'Jurassic Park' Auditions
Latest Business News
- Denzel Washington To Receive New Dramatists’ 2018 Distinguished Achievement Award
- Santa Fe IATSE Boss Jon Hendry Resigns Amid Sex Harassment Scandal
- Michael Gershman Dies: The ‘Buffy The Vampire Slayer’, ‘Crossing Jordan’ Cinematographer Was 73
- Veteran Cirque Du Soleil Performer Dies After Fall During Tampa Show
- Desilu Exploring U.S. Public Offering After Acquisition Of Israel’s Vonetize
- The Roots Cancel SXSW Concert After Bomb Threat; Suspect Arrested – Update