EXCLUSIVE: Warner Bros Home Entertainment has laid off several employees working in the DVD division of the business, Deadline has learned. We’re told that the cuts involved backroom functions related to the DVD supply chain; the disc business has been steadily in decline in the industry thanks to digital delivery. The cuts were to only about one-half of 1% of the conglom’s total global workforce that numbers about 8,000, we’re told, and Warner Bros is looking to relocate about half of the affected workers elsewhere in the company. WBHE includes Warner Home Video, Warner Bros Digital Distribution, Warner Bros Advanced Digital Services, Warner Bros Interactive Entertainment, Warner Bros Technical Operations and Warner Bros Anti-Piracy Operations.
Layoffs Hit Warner Bros’ Home Vid Unit
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- UPDATE: Warner Bros Moves Up 'Entourage' Release By A Week
- Terry Keenan Dead: Longtime Business Reporter-Anchor At CNN, CNBC & Fox News
- Film Independent Spirit Awards 2015 To Be Broadcast Live On IFC
- Lyndsy Fonseca Joins 'Marvel's Agent Carter'
- Jim Parsons To Star In Animated 'Elf' Holiday Special On NBC
- 'Madam Secretary' Coming To U.K. On Sky Living; NBCUniversal International Television Production Pacts With TV3 Group Ireland…