EXCLUSIVE: Warner Bros Home Entertainment has laid off several employees working in the DVD division of the business, Deadline has learned. We’re told that the cuts involved backroom functions related to the DVD supply chain; the disc business has been steadily in decline in the industry thanks to digital delivery. The cuts were to only about one-half of 1% of the conglom’s total global workforce that numbers about 8,000, we’re told, and Warner Bros is looking to relocate about half of the affected workers elsewhere in the company. WBHE includes Warner Home Video, Warner Bros Digital Distribution, Warner Bros Advanced Digital Services, Warner Bros Interactive Entertainment, Warner Bros Technical Operations and Warner Bros Anti-Piracy Operations.
Layoffs Hit Warner Bros’ Home Vid Unit
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Hot Trailer: Jason Reitman's 'Men, Women & Children'
- Annika Marks Joins ABC Family's 'The Fosters'; Rotimi Akinosho In Starz's 'Power'
- 'TMZ Hollywood Sports' To Anchor Reelz Primetime
- Relativity Sets Thrillers 'The Disappointments Room' & 'Kidnap' For Fall 2015
- Zach Gilford & Jonathan Cake Join USA Pilot 'Stanistan'
- Hot Trailer: Robert Downey Jr & Robert Duvall In 'The Judge'