David Hayter has been brought on board by Lakeshore Entertainment and Hopscotch Features to write the screenplay for The Sword. The adaptation of what could be a potential franchise for the companies, as Deadline reported back in February, is based on Jonathan and Joshua Luna’s multi volume graphic novel of the same name The Sword, which was first published in 2007, tells the story of the orphaned and paraplegic Dara Brighton and the ancient sword she discovers to seek revenge on the killers of family. By the sound of it, the story fits well within Hayter’s wheelhouse with his previous credits of the likes of 2000’s X-Men, 2003’s X2, 2007’s The Scorpion King and 2009’s Watchmen. “David has a proven track record of bringing the multifaceted, beloved characters of graphic novels to mainstream audiences and we’re excited that he’ll be joining us for The Sword,” said Lakeshore Chairman and CEO Tom Rosenberg in a statement Monday. Rosenberg and Gary Lucchesi, along with Skip Williamson, and Hopscotch’s Andrew Mason, will produce the adventure pic with Hopscotch’s Troy Lum as Executive Producer. This marks the second collaboration between Lakeshore and Hopscotch. The duo have previously partnered on upcoming I, Frankenstein, out early next year. CAA represents the Luna Brothers, as well as the graphic novel rights to The Sword. David Hayter is represented by UTA and attorney David Feldman.
Lakeshore & Hopscotch Tap ‘X-Men’ Scribe For ‘Adaptation Of The Sword’ Graphic Novel
What's Hot on Deadline
'The Brothers Grimsby': Trailer Or Titillating Clip "Shown" On 'Jimmy Kimmel Live' – Which Works Better?
Four Studios Bidding On 'Gone Girl' Author Gillian Flynn's Short Story 'The Grownup': Hot Package Du Jour
CBS Order For Matt Nix Drama Scrapped When Co-Production Deal Falls Through As Ownership Rules Pilot Season 2016
Latest Film News
- Clémence Poésy In ‘Final Portrait’ Frame; TrustNordisk Contracts Ole Bornedal’s Next – Berlin
- Hot Berlin Titles: What Buyers Are Buzzing About At The EFM
- Jose Padilha In Negotiations To Direct ‘Entebbe’ For Working Title, Studiocanal – Berlin
- ‘Mother’s Day’ Trailer: Roberts, Aniston, Hudson & Sudeikis Celebrate Momhood
- Russell Simmons’ All Def Movie Awards Set To Brings Laughs & Honor Oscars Snubs
- Michael Moore Sidelined As ‘Where To Invade Next’ Opens – Specialty Preview