David Hayter has been brought on board by Lakeshore Entertainment and Hopscotch Features to write the screenplay for The Sword. The adaptation of what could be a potential franchise for the companies, as Deadline reported back in February, is based on Jonathan and Joshua Luna’s multi volume graphic novel of the same name The Sword, which was first published in 2007, tells the story of the orphaned and paraplegic Dara Brighton and the ancient sword she discovers to seek revenge on the killers of family. By the sound of it, the story fits well within Hayter’s wheelhouse with his previous credits of the likes of 2000’s X-Men, 2003’s X2, 2007’s The Scorpion King and 2009’s Watchmen. “David has a proven track record of bringing the multifaceted, beloved characters of graphic novels to mainstream audiences and we’re excited that he’ll be joining us for The Sword,” said Lakeshore Chairman and CEO Tom Rosenberg in a statement Monday. Rosenberg and Gary Lucchesi, along with Skip Williamson, and Hopscotch’s Andrew Mason, will produce the adventure pic with Hopscotch’s Troy Lum as Executive Producer. This marks the second collaboration between Lakeshore and Hopscotch. The duo have previously partnered on upcoming I, Frankenstein, out early next year. CAA represents the Luna Brothers, as well as the graphic novel rights to The Sword. David Hayter is represented by UTA and attorney David Feldman.
Lakeshore & Hopscotch Tap ‘X-Men’ Scribe For ‘Adaptation Of The Sword’ Graphic Novel
What's Hot on Deadline
Keaton Jones Facebook Video Gone After Mom's Confederate Flag Photos Surface: Is Hollywood Still "KeatonStrong"?
Latest Film News
- ‘Jumanji: Welcome To The Jungle’ Review: Dwayne Johnson, Kevin Hart & Jack Black Are In The Game, But Laughs Don’t Come…
- Who Reps The Black List 2017 Scripts: The Charts
- ‘Darkest Hour’s Gary Oldman Joins Director Joe Wright And Tells Why He Almost Turned Down The Role Of Churchill – The Contenders…
- ’13 Reasons Why’ Star Katherine Langford To Topline YA Film ‘Spontaneous’
- ‘Detective Pikachu’ Gets Summer 2019 Release Date
- Saudi Arabia: Theater Owners Trade Group Has “Extensive Plans” For Kingdom’s Cinemas