EXCLUSIVE: Dustin Hoffman made his directorial debut last year with Quartet and now son Jake Hoffman is helming his first feature. Starring Krysten Ritter and Aussie newcomer Benedict Samuel, Hoffman’s Asthma examines the consequences of the live fast, die young mentality in NYC’s indie rock scene. Produced by Noah C. Haeussner and executive produced by Michael Raimondi, the Hoffman written film will begin production in the fall. Union Entertainment Group is producing and co-financing, and WME is handling domestic sales. Christine Lahti is also in the indie as is Albert Hammond Jr. of The Strokes playing himself. Benedict Samuel is with WME, Management 360 and United Management in Australia. Lahti is represented by ICM Partners and Management 360. Currently filming the Tim Burton-directed Big Eyes with Christoph Waltz and Amy Adams in film and in the NBC comedy pilot Assistance, former Don’t Trust the B—- In Apt 23 star Ritter is repped by WME, The Group Entertainment and Sanders Armstrong Casert. Jake Hoffman is with WME and Generate.
Krysten Ritter To Star In Jake Hoffman Directorial Debut ‘Asthma’
What's Hot on Deadline
'Tomorrowland,' 'Pitch Perfect' Battling For No. 1; 'Mad Max' Holds Strong; 'Ultron' To Cross $400M - Box Office Saturday
TLC "Deeply Saddened" As It Pulls All Episodes of '19 Kids And Counting' In Wake Of Child Molestation Allegations - Update
'Jurassic World' Tracking Like 'Man Of Steel' - But How Many $100M+ Openings After That In Summer 2015?
Hot Cannes 'Circle' Package Imperiled As Alicia Vikander In Talks To Star In 'Assassin's Creed', New 'Bourne' Film
Latest Film News
- How Director Rick Famuyiwa Grew ‘Dope’ – Cannes Q&A
- Michael Fassbender In ‘Macbeth': A Pair Of Clips From Cannes
- Un Certain Regard Winners: ‘Rams’, ‘The High Sun’, ‘Treasure’ & More – Cannes
- ‘Son Of Saul’ Wins FIPRESCI; Ecumenical Jury Honors ‘Mia Madre’ – Cannes
- Hot Cannes ‘Circle’ Package Imperiled As Alicia Vikander In Talks To Star In ‘Assassin’s Creed’, New ‘Bourne…
- ‘Tomorrowland,’ ‘Pitch Perfect’ Battling For No. 1; ‘Mad Max’ Holds Strong; ‘Ultron’ To Cross $400M – Box…