EXCLUSIVE: Dustin Hoffman made his directorial debut last year with Quartet and now son Jake Hoffman is helming his first feature. Starring Krysten Ritter and Aussie newcomer Benedict Samuel, Hoffman’s Asthma examines the consequences of the live fast, die young mentality in NYC’s indie rock scene. Produced by Noah C. Haeussner and executive produced by Michael Raimondi, the Hoffman written film will begin production in the fall. Union Entertainment Group is producing and co-financing, and WME is handling domestic sales. Christine Lahti is also in the indie as is Albert Hammond Jr. of The Strokes playing himself. Benedict Samuel is with WME, Management 360 and United Management in Australia. Lahti is represented by ICM Partners and Management 360. Currently filming the Tim Burton-directed Big Eyes with Christoph Waltz and Amy Adams in film and in the NBC comedy pilot Assistance, former Don’t Trust the B—- In Apt 23 star Ritter is repped by WME, The Group Entertainment and Sanders Armstrong Casert. Jake Hoffman is with WME and Generate.
Krysten Ritter To Star In Jake Hoffman Directorial Debut ‘Asthma’
What's Hot on Deadline
Sony Pictures Confirms Quentin Tarantino Deal; Margot Robbie, Tom Cruise, Brad Pitt, Leonardo DiCaprio Circling
Ryan Eggold, Who Played Fan Favorite Tom Keen In 'The Blacklist,' Joins Spike Lee's 'Black Klansman'
Actress Accuses 'Girls' EP Murray Miller Of Sexual Assault; Showrunners Lena Dunham & Jenni Konner Defend Him - Update
Latest Film News
- David Cassidy Hospitalized With Reported Organ Failure
- Ann Wedgeworth Dies: ‘Three’s Company’, ‘Sweet Dreams’ Actress Was 83
- Malcolm Young Dies: AC/DC Guitarist Rocked Charts & TV-Film Soundtracks
- ‘Incredibles 2’ Teaser: Little Jack-Jack Shows Off His Baby Superpower
- ‘Justice League’ Encounters Kryptonite At The B.O. With $96M+ Opening: Why The DC Movie Weakened
- ‘Justice League’ Rises To $70.7M Through Friday At International Box Office