EXCLUSIVE: Dustin Hoffman made his directorial debut last year with Quartet and now son Jake Hoffman is helming his first feature. Starring Krysten Ritter and Aussie newcomer Benedict Samuel, Hoffman’s Asthma examines the consequences of the live fast, die young mentality in NYC’s indie rock scene. Produced by Noah C. Haeussner and executive produced by Michael Raimondi, the Hoffman written film will begin production in the fall. Union Entertainment Group is producing and co-financing, and WME is handling domestic sales. Christine Lahti is also in the indie as is Albert Hammond Jr. of The Strokes playing himself. Benedict Samuel is with WME, Management 360 and United Management in Australia. Lahti is represented by ICM Partners and Management 360. Currently filming the Tim Burton-directed Big Eyes with Christoph Waltz and Amy Adams in film and in the NBC comedy pilot Assistance, former Don’t Trust the B—- In Apt 23 star Ritter is repped by WME, The Group Entertainment and Sanders Armstrong Casert. Jake Hoffman is with WME and Generate.
Krysten Ritter To Star In Jake Hoffman Directorial Debut ‘Asthma’
What's Hot on Deadline
'Madea' To Push Well Past $27M As 'Jack Reacher' Takes $22M to $23M; 'Joneses' Can't Keep Up - Sun. AM Update
'Saturday Night Live' Hits Season High Ratings With Tom Hanks, Lady Gaga & More Donald Trump & Hillary Clinton
Latest Film News
- ‘Ouija: Origin Of Evil’: The Newton Brothers Talk Their Horror Film Score
- ‘Jack Reacher’ Gets Going With $31M; ‘Girl’, ‘Inferno’, ‘Peregrine’ At Milestones – Intl…
- 'Moonlight' & ‘Michael Moore In TrumpLand' Top 2016 Theater Averages – Specialty B.O.
- ‘Madea’ To Push Well Past $27M As ‘Jack Reacher’ Takes $22M to $23M; ‘Joneses’ Can’t Keep Up – Sun…
- Matthew McConaughey To Be Honored At Napa Valley Film Festival
- Dan Porter, WME’s Head Of Digital, To Exit Agency