Entertainment One has acquired North American distribution rights to the long-in-the-can film Knights Of Badassdom, which stars Game Of Thrones‘ Peter Dinklage, Ryan Kwanten, Steve Zahn and Summer Glau. The indie fantasy comedy revolves around a group of live-action role players who mistakenly conjure up a demon from Hell and must deal with the consequences. EOne plans a day-and-date U.S. release in theaters and on VOD. The Joe Lynch-directed pic, written by Kevin Dreyfuss and Matt Wall, hit Comic-Con with its geek-cred cast in 2011 (Community‘s Danny Pudi, Revenge‘s Margarita Levieva and Josh Molina also co-star). Dreyfuss, Wall and IndieVest Pictures’ Mark Burton produced. Daniel J. Heffner, Ketura Kestin, Rizwan Virk, Rich Cowan and Mike Elizalde executive produced. The deal was negotiated on behalf of IndieVest by Wade Bradley and for eOne by VP Worldwide Acquisitions Sejin Croninger.
EOne Acquires Indie Comedy ‘Knights Of Badassdom’
What's Hot on Deadline
‘Sherlock’ Creators & Cast On Season 4 Finale's Thrills & Heart; Is This Really ‘The Final Problem’ For The Baker Street Boys?
'Hidden Figures' Calculates $25M+ Weekend, But Why Are So Many Movies Bombing Over MLK? - Monday AM Update
'Rogue One' Rises To $980M Global; 'Passengers' Takes Over Offshore No. 1 - International Box Office
Latest Film News
- ‘Hidden Figures’ Calculates $25M+ Weekend, But Why Are So Many Movies Bombing Over MLK? – Monday AM Update
- Cannes Film Festival Re-Elects Pierre Lescure As President; Lionsgate Inks Deals For ‘Kicking & Screaming’…
- Oprah Winfrey, Van Jones & Ava DuVernay Talk Politics At Netflix Exec’s Home
- ‘Rogue One’ Rises To $980M Global; ‘Passengers’ Takes Over Offshore No. 1 – International…
- Golden Globe Winners 'Moonlight' & 'Elle' Cash In – Specialty Box Office
- ‘La La Land’ Twirls Past $50M Overseas; Shines With $132M Global Box Office