Entertainment One has acquired North American distribution rights to the long-in-the-can film Knights Of Badassdom, which stars Game Of Thrones‘ Peter Dinklage, Ryan Kwanten, Steve Zahn and Summer Glau. The indie fantasy comedy revolves around a group of live-action role players who mistakenly conjure up a demon from Hell and must deal with the consequences. EOne plans a day-and-date U.S. release in theaters and on VOD. The Joe Lynch-directed pic, written by Kevin Dreyfuss and Matt Wall, hit Comic-Con with its geek-cred cast in 2011 (Community‘s Danny Pudi, Revenge‘s Margarita Levieva and Josh Molina also co-star). Dreyfuss, Wall and IndieVest Pictures’ Mark Burton produced. Daniel J. Heffner, Ketura Kestin, Rizwan Virk, Rich Cowan and Mike Elizalde executive produced. The deal was negotiated on behalf of IndieVest by Wade Bradley and for eOne by VP Worldwide Acquisitions Sejin Croninger.
EOne Acquires Indie Comedy ‘Knights Of Badassdom’
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- Morgan Freeman “Devastated” Over Allegations, Says “I Did Not Assault Women” In New Statement
- Conan O’Brien Casts Roger Ailes Movie: Who Will Gary Sinise Or Mick Jagger Play?
- ‘Sesame Street’ Bosses Grouchy With STX Over Melissa McCarthy Flick ‘Happytime Murders’
- ‘American Exit’ Picked Up For Distribution By Lionsgate, Grindstone Entertainment
- Haley Bennett-Starring ‘Swallow’ Rounds Out Cast
- Netflix And Telefónica Confirm Their Partnership On Twitter