Entertainment One has acquired North American distribution rights to the long-in-the-can film Knights Of Badassdom, which stars Game Of Thrones‘ Peter Dinklage, Ryan Kwanten, Steve Zahn and Summer Glau. The indie fantasy comedy revolves around a group of live-action role players who mistakenly conjure up a demon from Hell and must deal with the consequences. EOne plans a day-and-date U.S. release in theaters and on VOD. The Joe Lynch-directed pic, written by Kevin Dreyfuss and Matt Wall, hit Comic-Con with its geek-cred cast in 2011 (Community‘s Danny Pudi, Revenge‘s Margarita Levieva and Josh Molina also co-star). Dreyfuss, Wall and IndieVest Pictures’ Mark Burton produced. Daniel J. Heffner, Ketura Kestin, Rizwan Virk, Rich Cowan and Mike Elizalde executive produced. The deal was negotiated on behalf of IndieVest by Wade Bradley and for eOne by VP Worldwide Acquisitions Sejin Croninger.
EOne Acquires Indie Comedy ‘Knights Of Badassdom’
What's Hot on Deadline
'House of Cards' Actor Mahershala Ali On His Departure From The Series And Netflix's Upcoming 'Luke Cage'
Latest Film News
- ‘Don’t Breathe’ $22M+ Opening Is An August Record For Screen Gems – Late Night Update
- ‘Hands Of Stone’ Review: Roberto Duran Boxing Biopic Takes Too Many Swings
- Ty Burrell Latest To Join ‘Rock That Body’
- Edward Snowden To Appear Via Satellite In U.S. Theaters Ahead Of ‘Snowden’ Opening
- ‘Complete Unknown’ Clip: “Your Farsi Is Getting Much Better”
- Viacom Board Voices Confidence In Paramount’s Brad Grey After Thursday Grilling By Board