BREAKING…Kevin Costner is in negotiations to star in Midnight Delivery for Universal Pictures. Neil Cross, who co-wrote Universal’s Mama and is creator of the BBC series Luther, has written the screenplay in his latest tie-up with Guillermo del Toro. The logline is being held tight to the vest, but it’s a thriller stemming from an original idea by del Toro, who is producing with David Linde for the latter’s Lava Bear Films. Gary Ungar, Tory Metzger and Russell Ackerman will serve as executive producers. Universal’s EVP Production Scott Bernstein and creative executive Sara Scott will oversee for the studio, which continues to fast-track this one. No director is attached. Costner, repped by WME and One Talent Management, has been busy on the film front. He currently stars in Man Of Steel and will next be seen in Jack Ryan, a revival of the Tom Clancy franchise. He is also set to appear in Three Days To Kill and just finished shooting Draft Day. He is now filming Black And White. Cross and del Toro collaborated on Mama, which was also produced by del Toro, and Cross helped polish the script for the del Toro-directed Pacific Rim.
Kevin Costner In Talks To Star In Guillermo Del Toro-Produced ‘Midnight Delivery’ For Universal
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
More From Team
- Candy Crowley Saluted By Colleagues, Competition, Late-Night Hosts And Robot - Video
- 'Kim Jong-un' Targets Christmas Shoppers On SNL's 'Weekend Update'
- Dr. Evil Disses Sony, Kim Jong-un, Many Others In Mike Myers' Surprise 'SNL' Return
- Republicans To Exhibitors: Play 'The Interview'
- 'Orange Is The New Black' Inmates Croon A Zany 'Twelve Days Of Christmas' – Watch
- North Korea Wants To Work With U.S. To Find Hacker; Obama Admin Asks China For Help – UPDATE