BREAKING…Kevin Costner is in negotiations to star in Midnight Delivery for Universal Pictures. Neil Cross, who co-wrote Universal’s Mama and is creator of the BBC series Luther, has written the screenplay in his latest tie-up with Guillermo del Toro. The logline is being held tight to the vest, but it’s a thriller stemming from an original idea by del Toro, who is producing with David Linde for the latter’s Lava Bear Films. Gary Ungar, Tory Metzger and Russell Ackerman will serve as executive producers. Universal’s EVP Production Scott Bernstein and creative executive Sara Scott will oversee for the studio, which continues to fast-track this one. No director is attached. Costner, repped by WME and One Talent Management, has been busy on the film front. He currently stars in Man Of Steel and will next be seen in Jack Ryan, a revival of the Tom Clancy franchise. He is also set to appear in Three Days To Kill and just finished shooting Draft Day. He is now filming Black And White. Cross and del Toro collaborated on Mama, which was also produced by del Toro, and Cross helped polish the script for the del Toro-directed Pacific Rim.
Kevin Costner In Talks To Star In Guillermo Del Toro-Produced ‘Midnight Delivery’ For Universal
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- ‘American Sniper’ Helmer Clint Eastwood Finds Jewell Project; Can Fox And Warner Bros Work It Out?
- Antonio Banderas In ‘The 33′ Trailer: “I Believe We’ll Make It Out Of Here!”
- HBO Scientology Documentary ‘Going Clear’ Clocks 1.65M Viewers In Premiere
- Electric Entertainment Taps Craig Gates; Tyler Ross Books ‘Officer Downe’
- Relativity Picks Up Eric Bress’ Spec ‘American Drifter’
- CBS Films Sets Boston Marathon Bombing Pic ‘Patriots’ Day'; Mark Wahlberg Eyes Police Commish Ed Davis Role