EXCLUSIVE: Universal Pictures and Blumhouse Productions have added another big name to their micro-budget action-comedy Stretch. Jessica Alba joins Patrick Wilson, Ed Helms, Chris Pine, and Brooklyn Decker in a supporting role in the pic directed by Joe Carnahan (The Grey). Stretch follows a limo driver (Wilson) on his last shift who picks up a billionaire (Pine) whose freaky special requests get darker as the night rolls on. The March 21, 2014 release is being produced by Jason Blum as part of his first-look deal with Universal. Carnahan is also producing with Tracy Falco and Leon Corcos. Nila Najand will co-produce. Charles Layton is aboard as executive producer. Alba just wrapped Film Arcade’s A.C.O.D. and appears in IFC’s Will Ferrell fronted spoof The Spoils Of Babylon. She returns to Robert Rodriguez and Frank Miller’s Sin City franchise next summer in Dimension’s Sin City: A Dame To Kill For. Alba is repped by 3 Arts Entertainment.
Jessica Alba Joins Joe Carnahan’s ‘Stretch’
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Yamato
- 'Zeroville' Adds Seth Rogen, Megan Fox & More; Brad Carter Lands 'The Revenant;' Noah Segan Enlists In 'War Pigs'
- 'Avengers: Age Of Ultron' Trailer Smashes Viewing Record; More Footage Coming
- Dark Sky Dips Into Postapocalyptic Thriller 'The Well'
- 'Banshee Chapter' First Virtual Reality Film To Hit Oculus Rift
- 'Insidious: Chapter 3′ Scares Up First Teaser – Video
- Kiernan Shipka, Meg Ryan Board Teen Comedy 'Fan Girl'