EXCLUSIVE: Universal Pictures and Blumhouse Productions have added another big name to their micro-budget action-comedy Stretch. Jessica Alba joins Patrick Wilson, Ed Helms, Chris Pine, and Brooklyn Decker in a supporting role in the pic directed by Joe Carnahan (The Grey). Stretch follows a limo driver (Wilson) on his last shift who picks up a billionaire (Pine) whose freaky special requests get darker as the night rolls on. The March 21, 2014 release is being produced by Jason Blum as part of his first-look deal with Universal. Carnahan is also producing with Tracy Falco and Leon Corcos. Nila Najand will co-produce. Charles Layton is aboard as executive producer. Alba just wrapped Film Arcade’s A.C.O.D. and appears in IFC’s Will Ferrell fronted spoof The Spoils Of Babylon. She returns to Robert Rodriguez and Frank Miller’s Sin City franchise next summer in Dimension’s Sin City: A Dame To Kill For. Alba is repped by 3 Arts Entertainment.
Jessica Alba Joins Joe Carnahan’s ‘Stretch’
What's Hot on Deadline
‘Sherlock’ Creators & Cast On Season 4 Finale's Thrills & Heart; Is This Really ‘The Final Problem’ For The Baker Street Boys?
Ben Silverman & Howard T. Owens' Propagate Launches International Distribution Unit Headed By Cyrus Farrokh
Latest Film News
- ‘Tower’ Survivors Embrace Animation Approach, Director Keith Maitland Says – TCA
- Isabelle Huppert Adds Another Honor As Oscar Noms Loom
- Gerald Levin To Donald Trump On Rep. John Lewis: Have You No Sense Of Decency, Sir?
- ‘Hidden Figures’ Calculates $25M+ Weekend, But Why Are So Many Movies Bombing Over MLK? – Monday AM Update
- Cannes Film Festival Re-Elects Pierre Lescure As President; Lionsgate Inks Deals For ‘Kicking & Screaming’…
- Oprah Winfrey, Van Jones & Ava DuVernay Talk Politics At Netflix Exec’s Home