1600 Penn’s short run on NBC may be over but Jenna Elfman is staying with the network. The Dharma & Greg alumna has officially been added to the cast of Growing Up Fisher with J.K. Simmons. Replacing Parker Posey on the upcoming midseason comedy, Elfman will play Joyce Fisher, the ex-wife of blind lawyer Mel Fisher. Simmons plays Mel in the show that centers on 11-year old son Henry dealing with his parent’s divorce. Eli Baker plays Henry with Ava Deluca-Verley as his teenage sister Katie. Former Friends star David Schwimmer directed the pilot. Formerly known as The Family Guide, Growing Up Fisher is from Universal Television and Aggregate Films. The series is executive produced by DJ Nash, Jim Garavente and Jason Bateman, who also serves as the show’s narrator. Jenna Elfman is repped by WME and Brillstein Entertainment Partners.
Jenna Elfman Joins NBC’s ‘Growing Up Fisher’
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
Sony Responds To President Obama's Criticism: "We Had No Choice," Still Hope To Release 'The Interview'
Obama: Sony Made Mistake Pulling 'The Interview'; U.S. Will Respond Proportionally At Time And Place We Choose -- Update
'The Interview' Release Would Have Damaged Kim Jong Un Internally, Says Rand Expert Who Saw Movie At Sony's Request
More From Patten
- Did Sony Or Exhibitors Kill 'The Interview?'
- North Korean Link To Sony Hack Shifts Legal Landscape For Studio
- North Korea “Responsible” For Sony Hack, FBI Confirms
- WME Owned IMG Hit With Latest Intern Class Action Lawsuit
- MPAA Hits “Shameful” Google Over Sony Hacking Revelations – Update
- Sundance 2015: Edgar Wright, Cary Fukunaga & Jonathan Nolan Among Fest's Jury Members