1600 Penn’s short run on NBC may be over but Jenna Elfman is staying with the network. The Dharma & Greg alumna has officially been added to the cast of Growing Up Fisher with J.K. Simmons. Replacing Parker Posey on the upcoming midseason comedy, Elfman will play Joyce Fisher, the ex-wife of blind lawyer Mel Fisher. Simmons plays Mel in the show that centers on 11-year old son Henry dealing with his parent’s divorce. Eli Baker plays Henry with Ava Deluca-Verley as his teenage sister Katie. Former Friends star David Schwimmer directed the pilot. Formerly known as The Family Guide, Growing Up Fisher is from Universal Television and Aggregate Films. The series is executive produced by DJ Nash, Jim Garavente and Jason Bateman, who also serves as the show’s narrator. Jenna Elfman is repped by WME and Brillstein Entertainment Partners.
Jenna Elfman Joins NBC’s ‘Growing Up Fisher’
What's Hot on Deadline
Film Independent Spirit Award Nominations Announced: 'Carol', 'Spotlight', 'Beasts Of Nation' Come Up Strong
CW's 'DC's Legends Of Tomorrow', 'The 100', Get Premiere Dates, 'Vampire Diaries', 'The Originals' Move To Friday
Latest TV News
- Amazon Has No Regrets As ‘Man In The High Castle’ Ad Campaign Pulled From NYC Subway – Update
- ‘Grease Live’ First-Look Promo: Hand Jives & Fast Times At Rydell High
- College Sex Scandal Drama From Jessica Mecklenburg & Rod Lurie Lands At NBC
- The Sony Hack One Year Later: Just Who Are The Guardians Of Peace?
- David Canary Dies: ‘All My Children’ Star Was 77
- ‘Superstore’ Review: America Ferrera NBC Comedy Proves Big Not Better