Their business, Silver Eagle Acquisition Corp., is a special purpose acquisition company (SPAC). It will use the cash from today’s IPO to hunt for deals — mostly likely ones that capitalize on their experience in content creation, although they say that they’ll consider other “high growth potential” opportunities.Jeff Sagansky formerly was CEO of Paxson Communications, Co-President of Sony Pictures Entertainment, and President of CBS Entertainment, while Harry Sloan formerly was CEO of MGM. In the IPO they sold 32.5M shares at $10 a share, and the stock — trading on NASDAQ under the symbol EAGLU — is up a few pennies in mid-day trading. Each share also includes a warrant to buy a half of a share for $5.75. Deutsche Bank Securities managed the offering.
Jeff Sagansky And Harry Sloan Raise $325M As They Take Acquisition Company Public
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Lieberman
- Now That He's At Carmike, Can Bud Mayo Lead Theaters' Alternative Content Revolution?
- Cable Milestone: Operators Have More Broadband Subs Than TV Ones
- Look Out Gannett: Carl Icahn Buys 6.6% Stake
- Warren Buffett Sends A Mixed Message To John Malone As He Buys Into Charter But Unloads Starz
- Citing “Insulting” Criticism, Comcast And Time Warner Cable Withdraw Funding For Dinner Honoring FCC Commissioner
- Televisa Partners With MiTu To Develop Spanish-Language Digital Content