Their business, Silver Eagle Acquisition Corp., is a special purpose acquisition company (SPAC). It will use the cash from today’s IPO to hunt for deals — mostly likely ones that capitalize on their experience in content creation, although they say that they’ll consider other “high growth potential” opportunities.Jeff Sagansky formerly was CEO of Paxson Communications, Co-President of Sony Pictures Entertainment, and President of CBS Entertainment, while Harry Sloan formerly was CEO of MGM. In the IPO they sold 32.5M shares at $10 a share, and the stock — trading on NASDAQ under the symbol EAGLU — is up a few pennies in mid-day trading. Each share also includes a warrant to buy a half of a share for $5.75. Deutsche Bank Securities managed the offering.
Jeff Sagansky And Harry Sloan Raise $325M As They Take Acquisition Company Public
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Lieberman
- UPDATE: RealD Responds To Starboard Value's Buyout Offer, Which Sent The 3D Company's Shares Soaring
- DirecTV Secures Renewal Of NFL Sunday Ticket With Added Streaming Rights
- Media Stocks Swoon As Wall Street Frets Over Factory Activity And Ebola
- Is The 'Crouching Tiger 2′ Dispute A Brilliant PR Gambit For Netflix?
- Derek Jeter Teams With Legendary Entertainment To Launch Sports Site: The Player's Tribune
- Suddenlink To Drop Viacom Channels In Dispute Over Contract Terms