Their business, Silver Eagle Acquisition Corp., is a special purpose acquisition company (SPAC). It will use the cash from today’s IPO to hunt for deals — mostly likely ones that capitalize on their experience in content creation, although they say that they’ll consider other “high growth potential” opportunities.Jeff Sagansky formerly was CEO of Paxson Communications, Co-President of Sony Pictures Entertainment, and President of CBS Entertainment, while Harry Sloan formerly was CEO of MGM. In the IPO they sold 32.5M shares at $10 a share, and the stock — trading on NASDAQ under the symbol EAGLU — is up a few pennies in mid-day trading. Each share also includes a warrant to buy a half of a share for $5.75. Deutsche Bank Securities managed the offering.
Jeff Sagansky And Harry Sloan Raise $325M As They Take Acquisition Company Public
What's Hot on Deadline
Bernie Sanders: Obama Administration "Should Kill" The AT&T-Time Warner Deal: "Higher Prices & Fewer Choices"
'Jack Reacher' Cuffs $31M But 'Mechanic' Puts Wrench Into China Perf; 'Girl', 'Inferno', 'Peregrine' Advance - Intl Box Office
Latest Business News
- Video Game Strike: Companies Cry Foul As SAG-AFTRA Picket Line Underway
- AMC Theatres Across The Country Teaming With CNN On Election Night
- Kristin Harris Named VP Acquisitions & Distribution At Good Deed Entertainment
- Netflix Adds $800M In Debt To Fuel Original Content And Global Growth
- AT&T And Time Warner Campaign For Their Merger And Fill In Details
- Obamageddon The Final Ride: POTUS In L.A. Monday For ‘Kimmel’ & Last Fundraiser