Jason Momoa, who toplined 2011’s Conan reboot and appeared on HBO’s Game Of Thrones, has been cast in Sundance Channel‘s second original scripted series The Red Road. The project, formerly known as The Descendants, has a straight-to-series six-episode order. It’s described as a hard-hitting drama that revolves around Harold Jensen, a sheriff struggling to keep his family together while simultaneously policing two clashing communities: the small town where he grew up and the neighboring Ramapo Mountains, home of the Ramapo Mountain Indians. Momoa will play Indian ex-con Phillip Kopus. Julianne Nicholson had already been cast as the female lead. Writer Aaron Guzikowski and Sarah Condon are exec producing and Bridget Carpenter will serve as executive producer/showrunner. The first Sundance original series, Rectify, has been a critical success and returns for a second season next year.
Jason Momoa To Star In Sundance Channel Series ‘The Red Road’
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Ryan Knight, 'Real World' Star, Dead At 29
- Jon Lindstrom Joins 'True Detective'; Dan Buran Boards TNT's Drug-Trade Pilot
- 'Unfinished Business' Redband Trailer: Vince Vaughn And Company Invade Europe
- 'Late Late Show' Guest Hosts Include Drew Carey & Judd Apatow Ahead Of Corden Debut
- Richard Linklater To Receive Palm Springs Visionary Award For 'Boyhood'
- MPTF's Night Before Oscar Fundraiser Setting Up Shop On Fox Lot