A mainstay of Bollywood for 21 years, Jagdish Raj played a police inspector in at least 144 movies, which reportedly earned him a designation by the Guinness World Records as the film industry’s most typecast actor. Born in Pakistan, Raj was featured in releases including Deewar, Don, Shakti, Mazdoor, and Imaan Dharam before he retired in 1992. He’s also known as the father of Bollywood star Anita Raj. He died in Mumbai at 84 due to a respiratory arrest, according to his son in law Rakesh Malhotra.
R.I.P. Jagdish Raj
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Business News
- Garth Drabinsky Sets ‘Madame Sousatzka’ Musical For His Broadway Comeback
- Would Disney Find A Trick Or Tweet If It Bids For Twitter?
- Annapurna Pictures Launches TV Division Headed By Former HBO Executive Sue Naegle
- Smokey Robinson, BlackRock Team With Primary Wave To Promote “Iconic” Tunes
- Fox Networks Group Names David Levy EVP Of Non-Linear Revenue
- Bart & Fleming: How Will Wanda & Other Chinese Backers Change Movie Content?