A mainstay of Bollywood for 21 years, Jagdish Raj played a police inspector in at least 144 movies, which reportedly earned him a designation by the Guinness World Records as the film industry’s most typecast actor. Born in Pakistan, Raj was featured in releases including Deewar, Don, Shakti, Mazdoor, and Imaan Dharam before he retired in 1992. He’s also known as the father of Bollywood star Anita Raj. He died in Mumbai at 84 due to a respiratory arrest, according to his son in law Rakesh Malhotra.
R.I.P. Jagdish Raj
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Lieberman
- Now That He's At Carmike, Can Bud Mayo Lead Theaters' Alternative Content Revolution?
- Cable Milestone: Operators Have More Broadband Subs Than TV Ones
- Look Out Gannett: Carl Icahn Buys 6.6% Stake
- Warren Buffett Sends A Mixed Message To John Malone As He Buys Into Charter But Unloads Starz
- Citing “Insulting” Criticism, Comcast And Time Warner Cable Withdraw Funding For Dinner Honoring FCC Commissioner
- Televisa Partners With MiTu To Develop Spanish-Language Digital Content