A mainstay of Bollywood for 21 years, Jagdish Raj played a police inspector in at least 144 movies, which reportedly earned him a designation by the Guinness World Records as the film industry’s most typecast actor. Born in Pakistan, Raj was featured in releases including Deewar, Don, Shakti, Mazdoor, and Imaan Dharam before he retired in 1992. He’s also known as the father of Bollywood star Anita Raj. He died in Mumbai at 84 due to a respiratory arrest, according to his son in law Rakesh Malhotra.
R.I.P. Jagdish Raj
What's Hot on Deadline
More From Lieberman
- Are Advertisers Getting Ready To Leave The Super Bowl Party?
- Univision Extends CEO Randy Falco’s Contract To 2018
- Nickelodeon Developing A Direct-To-Consumer Subscription Service
- Viacom Q4 Revenues Miss Expectations With 6% Drop In U.S. Ad Sales
- NBC (Finally) Sells Out Super Bowl Ad Inventory
- Facebook’s Growth In Mobile Ad Sales Help It To Beat Q4 Earnings Expectations