A mainstay of Bollywood for 21 years, Jagdish Raj played a police inspector in at least 144 movies, which reportedly earned him a designation by the Guinness World Records as the film industry’s most typecast actor. Born in Pakistan, Raj was featured in releases including Deewar, Don, Shakti, Mazdoor, and Imaan Dharam before he retired in 1992. He’s also known as the father of Bollywood star Anita Raj. He died in Mumbai at 84 due to a respiratory arrest, according to his son in law Rakesh Malhotra.
R.I.P. Jagdish Raj
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Lieberman
- Layer3 TV Taps Lindsay Gardner To Lead Programming And Content Acquisition
- Yahoo Shares Rise As Mobile Revenues Help It Beat Q3 Earnings Expectations
- Will Time Warner Feel A Bruise From Its Battle With Dish Network?
- Apple Beats Earnings Expectations With Help From iPhones, But Not iPads
- How The New York Times Missed The Story About HBO, CBS, And The Web
- Movie Ticket Outlays Averaged $8.08 In Q3, Up 3.1% From Last Year