A mainstay of Bollywood for 21 years, Jagdish Raj played a police inspector in at least 144 movies, which reportedly earned him a designation by the Guinness World Records as the film industry’s most typecast actor. Born in Pakistan, Raj was featured in releases including Deewar, Don, Shakti, Mazdoor, and Imaan Dharam before he retired in 1992. He’s also known as the father of Bollywood star Anita Raj. He died in Mumbai at 84 due to a respiratory arrest, according to his son in law Rakesh Malhotra.
R.I.P. Jagdish Raj
What's Hot on Deadline
Moviegoers Turn Out For The 'Apocalypse' Over Memorial Day & Chop Off 'Alice's Head - Sunday AM Update
'Alice' Sees $65M In Offshore Looking Glass; 'Warcraft' Scores $31.6M; 'X-Men' Cumes $186M - Intl Box Office
Latest Business News
- Indie Producers Say They're Getting Shortchanged By California's Tax Incentives Program
- ‘American Psycho’ Will Close On Broadway Before The Tony Awards At $8.8M Loss
- Viacom’s Battle With Sumner Redstone Could Hurt Credit, S&P Says
- Court Sets June Date For Philippe Dauman’s Case Against Sumner Redstone
- Lionsgate Joins Fox, Par & Uni In Nixing Exhibitor Clearance Requests: What Does This Mean For The Biz?
- Viacom Renews And Expands Carriage Deal With Cox Communications