A mainstay of Bollywood for 21 years, Jagdish Raj played a police inspector in at least 144 movies, which reportedly earned him a designation by the Guinness World Records as the film industry’s most typecast actor. Born in Pakistan, Raj was featured in releases including Deewar, Don, Shakti, Mazdoor, and Imaan Dharam before he retired in 1992. He’s also known as the father of Bollywood star Anita Raj. He died in Mumbai at 84 due to a respiratory arrest, according to his son in law Rakesh Malhotra.
R.I.P. Jagdish Raj
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Lieberman
- UPDATE: RealD Responds To Starboard Value's Buyout Offer, Which Sent The 3D Company's Shares Soaring
- Media Stocks Swoon As Wall Street Frets Over Factory Activity And Ebola
- Is The 'Crouching Tiger 2′ Dispute A Brilliant PR Gambit For Netflix?
- Derek Jeter Teams With Legendary Entertainment To Launch Sports Site: The Player's Tribune
- Suddenlink To Drop Viacom Channels In Dispute Over Contract Terms