A mainstay of Bollywood for 21 years, Jagdish Raj played a police inspector in at least 144 movies, which reportedly earned him a designation by the Guinness World Records as the film industry’s most typecast actor. Born in Pakistan, Raj was featured in releases including Deewar, Don, Shakti, Mazdoor, and Imaan Dharam before he retired in 1992. He’s also known as the father of Bollywood star Anita Raj. He died in Mumbai at 84 due to a respiratory arrest, according to his son in law Rakesh Malhotra.
R.I.P. Jagdish Raj
What's Hot on Deadline
'Jungle Book' Still Hot In Third Weekend With $35M-$36M; 'Mother's Day' Has Edge Over 'Keanu' - Update
Tony Goldwyn, Josh Lucas, Michael C Hall, Marton Csokas & Kate Walsh Surround Liam Neeson For Watergate Thriller 'Felt'
Latest Business News
- Time Warner’s Jeff Bewkes Made $31.5M in 2015, Down 4.3%
- Home Entertainment Spending Fell 9% In Q1 Not Including Streaming Services
- Tony Committee Calls ‘Shuffle Along’ A New Musical, Setting Up Possible ‘Hamilton’ Showdown
- Regal Hires Universal’s Steve Bunnell As Chief Content & Programming Officer
- As Broadway Braces For Tony Races, ‘Shuffle Along’ Gets Key Ruling: Gerard & Roth
- Eubie Blake Smiles As Audra McDonald Leads A Constellation Of Stars In ‘Shuffle Along’ – Broadway Review