Lucan focuses on the life of Lord Lucan, aka Richard John Bingham, the 7th Earl of Lucan, a suspected murderer who disappeared without trace in 1974. ITV has commissioned the two-part drama which examines the events surrounding the bludgeoning death of Lucan’s children’s nanny Sandra Rivett, after which the Lord escaped a police search. Rory Kinnear (Skyfall) will play Lucan whose whereabouts and eventual fate have remained a mystery for nearly 40 years. The movie will also tell the story of Lucan’s exploits as a member of the Clermont Set, a group of British high-rollers who regularly met in a Mayfair casino. Christopher Eccleston and Michael Gambon also star. Jeff Pope, whose credits include the upcoming Philomena, wrote the screenplay. The drama is produced by ITV Studios/GroupM Entertainment. Exec producers are Pope, Francis Hopkinson (Wallander), Quentin Curtis, Richard Foster and Tony Moulsdale. Producer is Chris Clough. Adrian Shergold is directing with shooting to start next month in London.
ITV Orders ‘Lucan’ Drama With Rory Kinnear, Christopher Eccleston, Michael Gambon
What's Hot on Deadline
Sylvester Stallone & Antoine Fuqua Plot TV Series 'Omerta,' 'The Godfather' Author Mario Puzo's Last Novel
Latest International News
- Penelope Cruz To Star In Adaptation Of Lisa Zeidner Novel ‘Layover’ – Cannes
- Why Did Comcast Buy DreamWorks Animation? Because It Can
- Alicia Vikander Cast As Lara Croft In ‘Tomb Raider’
- ‘Captain America: Civil War’ Blasts Off With $14.9M On Day One Overseas
- STX Boards ‘Mr Robot’ Creator Sam Esmail’s ‘Sequels, Remakes & Adaptations’
- ‘Minute To Win It’s Smart Dog Media Bringing China’s ‘Super Combat Teams’ To U.S.