Lucan focuses on the life of Lord Lucan, aka Richard John Bingham, the 7th Earl of Lucan, a suspected murderer who disappeared without trace in 1974. ITV has commissioned the two-part drama which examines the events surrounding the bludgeoning death of Lucan’s children’s nanny Sandra Rivett, after which the Lord escaped a police search. Rory Kinnear (Skyfall) will play Lucan whose whereabouts and eventual fate have remained a mystery for nearly 40 years. The movie will also tell the story of Lucan’s exploits as a member of the Clermont Set, a group of British high-rollers who regularly met in a Mayfair casino. Christopher Eccleston and Michael Gambon also star. Jeff Pope, whose credits include the upcoming Philomena, wrote the screenplay. The drama is produced by ITV Studios/GroupM Entertainment. Exec producers are Pope, Francis Hopkinson (Wallander), Quentin Curtis, Richard Foster and Tony Moulsdale. Producer is Chris Clough. Adrian Shergold is directing with shooting to start next month in London.
ITV Orders ‘Lucan’ Drama With Rory Kinnear, Christopher Eccleston, Michael Gambon
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest International News
- Music Box Acquires Pablo Larrain’s ‘The Club’ For North America
- ‘Tomorrowland’s $74.7M Global Bow; ‘Pitch Perfect 2′ Singing $190.4M Cume; ‘Mad Max’ Smokin’ $227.7M – Wwide…
- ITV Walking Away From Weinstein Co. TV Deal; What Now For Bob And Harvey?
- Michael Gambon Is Winston Churchill In ITV Drama Headed To PBS’ Masterpiece
- Netflix Rumored To Want Gerard Depardieu For French ‘House Of Cards’
- Cannes: Audiard’s ‘Dheepan’ Wins Palme D’Or At Emotional, Musical Ceremony – Update