Decadence, debauchery, sex and the lack of a private life are recurring themes in Paul Schrader’s film starring Lindsay Lohan and porn actor James Deen. IFC Films acquired The Canyons a week after it was rejected and ridiculed by the SXSW festival, drawing a searing rebuttal from Schrader. IFC will open The Canyons day-and-date in cinemas and VOD on August 2 — apropos of a film in which a lead character ponders, “When was the last time you went to see a movie in a theater?” Here’s the new trailer:
Hot Trailer: Lindsay Lohan’s ‘The Canyons’
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
More From Team
- Hulu Acquires 'Fargo' Miniseries In Deal With MGM
- Loretta Devine Joins Jerrod Carmichael Comedy Pilot; Hemky Madera In 'Queen Of The South'
- Fox Business Network Will Receive 'Strange Inheritance' In January
- Charlie Sheen To Reprise His 'Ferris Bueller's Day Off' Role On 'The Goldbergs'
- Hulu Inks Streaming Deal For FX Series, Including 'Tyrant', 'The Strain' & 'AHS'
- Byron Pitts Replacing Dan Abrams As 'Nightline' Anchor