The Oscar-winning actress will be starring in The Hundred Foot Journey, DreamWorks Studios officially announced today. Deadline’s Mike Fleming Jr first reported in early June that Helen Mirren was circling the project to play eccentric and famous chef Madame Mallory. Mirren will be joined in the adaptation of Richard Morais’ bestseller by Manish Dayal from 90210 and ABC Family’s Switched At Birth in the role of Hassan Haji. Lasse Hallstrom will direct the culinary competition drama about an Indian restaurant and a three-Michelin-star joint literally across the street from each other in Southern France. Steven Spielberg, Oprah Winfrey and Juliet Blake are producing. Steve Knight wrote the screenplay for the film, which is set to begin production this fall in France and India. The Hundred Foot Journey will be released on August 8, 2014. The Walt Disney Company is distributing the film in the United States and in select international territories, while Mister Smith Entertainment is handling distribution in Europe, Africa and the Middle East. DreamWorks’ partner Reliance will distribute the film in India. Dayal is repped by Innovative Artists, Industry Entertainment and Bloom Hergott Diemer Rosenthal Laviolette Feldman Schenkman & Goodman. Soon to be seen in the seniors spy action sequel Reds 2, Helen Mirren is repped by CAA.
TOLDJA: Helen Mirren Set For DreamWorks’ ‘The Hundred Foot Journey’
What's Hot on Deadline
'Fifty Shades' Dominant With $277M WW; 'La La' Lands $200M+ Overseas; 'XXX' Tops In China - International Box Office
Latest Film News
- Costume Designers Guild Awards: 'La La Land,’ 'Hidden Figures' & ‘The Crown’ Among Winners…
- Martin Scorsese's Robert De Niro Pic 'The Irishman' Heading To Netflix?
- Leah Adler Dies: Steven Spielberg’s Mother Was 97
- Uma Thurman Regrets Turning Down ‘Lord Of The Rings’ Role
- UCLA Diversity Report Downplays Gains Made By Industry’s Women and Minorities
- ‘Logan’ Review: The Marvel Comic Book Movie For People Who Hate Marvel Comic Book Movies