The Oscar-winning actress will be starring in The Hundred Foot Journey, DreamWorks Studios officially announced today. Deadline’s Mike Fleming Jr first reported in early June that Helen Mirren was circling the project to play eccentric and famous chef Madame Mallory. Mirren will be joined in the adaptation of Richard Morais’ bestseller by Manish Dayal from 90210 and ABC Family’s Switched At Birth in the role of Hassan Haji. Lasse Hallstrom will direct the culinary competition drama about an Indian restaurant and a three-Michelin-star joint literally across the street from each other in Southern France. Steven Spielberg, Oprah Winfrey and Juliet Blake are producing. Steve Knight wrote the screenplay for the film, which is set to begin production this fall in France and India. The Hundred Foot Journey will be released on August 8, 2014. The Walt Disney Company is distributing the film in the United States and in select international territories, while Mister Smith Entertainment is handling distribution in Europe, Africa and the Middle East. DreamWorks’ partner Reliance will distribute the film in India. Dayal is repped by Innovative Artists, Industry Entertainment and Bloom Hergott Diemer Rosenthal Laviolette Feldman Schenkman & Goodman. Soon to be seen in the seniors spy action sequel Reds 2, Helen Mirren is repped by CAA.
TOLDJA: Helen Mirren Set For DreamWorks’ ‘The Hundred Foot Journey’
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- Helen Mirren To Narrate ‘Cries From Syria’ For HBO Bow
- Eric Heisserer-Backed TV Series ‘The Scrawl’ Among First Projects For Newbie Penchant Entertainment
- Beware, Oscar Voters: Final Academy Award Ballots Due Today!
- Viacom Looks Beyond Brad Grey Era Toward Future Of Paramount
- ‘Han Solo Star Wars’ Movie Underway: First Look
- SXSW 2017: Bob Odenkirk, Chris Hardwick & Whitney Cummings Among Lineup For Comedy Festival