The Oscar-winning actress will be starring in The Hundred Foot Journey, DreamWorks Studios officially announced today. Deadline’s Mike Fleming Jr first reported in early June that Helen Mirren was circling the project to play eccentric and famous chef Madame Mallory. Mirren will be joined in the adaptation of Richard Morais’ bestseller by Manish Dayal from 90210 and ABC Family’s Switched At Birth in the role of Hassan Haji. Lasse Hallstrom will direct the culinary competition drama about an Indian restaurant and a three-Michelin-star joint literally across the street from each other in Southern France. Steven Spielberg, Oprah Winfrey and Juliet Blake are producing. Steve Knight wrote the screenplay for the film, which is set to begin production this fall in France and India. The Hundred Foot Journey will be released on August 8, 2014. The Walt Disney Company is distributing the film in the United States and in select international territories, while Mister Smith Entertainment is handling distribution in Europe, Africa and the Middle East. DreamWorks’ partner Reliance will distribute the film in India. Dayal is repped by Innovative Artists, Industry Entertainment and Bloom Hergott Diemer Rosenthal Laviolette Feldman Schenkman & Goodman. Soon to be seen in the seniors spy action sequel Reds 2, Helen Mirren is repped by CAA.
TOLDJA: Helen Mirren Set For DreamWorks’ ‘The Hundred Foot Journey’
What's Hot on Deadline
Universal Wins 'The Grownup'; 'Gone Girl' Author Gillian Flynn Short Story Sells In High-Six-Figure Deal
Latest Film News
- Focus Features Makes Big Berlin Deal; $9 Million For Interracial Marriage Drama ‘Loving’
- Rob Cohen’s ‘Category 5’ Sees Storm Of Sales Action For Foresight – Berlin
- Paul Rudd, Steve Coogan To Share ‘An Ideal Home’ – Berlin
- Charlotte Rampling To Star With Josh Hartnett In ‘Valley of the Gods’ – Berlin
- ‘Kill Me, Deadly’ Trailer: ‘Criminal Minds’ Crew’s Noir Comedy Gets April 1 Release Date
- Film Movement Bringing France’s ‘My King’ To U.S.