Writer-producers Tony Phelan and Joan Rater have closed a two-year overall deal with CBS Television Studios, which will begin next summer. Under the agreement, the duo will supervise projects for the studio this season and will develop their own original projects once their overall deal, Phelan and Rater’s first, commences in 2014. Phelan and Rater, repped by UTA and Myman Greenspan, are currently executive producers/co-showrunnners on Shonda Rhimes’ ABC medical drama Grey’s Anatomy, having worked their way up the ranks during their eight-season tenure on the show. Additionally, Phelan has directed multiple episodes. This coming season will be the duo’s last on Grey’s before they segue to the CBS Studios deal.
‘Grey’s Anatomy’ EPs Tony Phelan & Joan Rater Sign Overall Deal At CBS Studios
What's Hot on Deadline
Venice Film Festival: Lido To Launch Pics From Ford, Gibson, Malick & More As Awards Season Starts To Buzz - Full List
Bill O'Reilly Defends Comments That Slaves Who Built The White House Were "Well-Fed And Had Decent Lodging" - Update
'The Fighter' Scribes To Co-Write Movie About Leicester City's Hollywood-Ending English Soccer Season
Cristina Ferrare Out, Replaced By Debbie Matenopoulos As Co-Host Of Hallmark Channel's 'Home & Family'
Latest TV News
- MTV Classic Launch: Details About VH1 Classic’s Rebranding & New Lineup
- VH1 & Ice Cube Partner On Hip Hop Version Of ‘Hollywood Squares’
- Stephen Colbert Enlists John Oliver’s Help In ‘Fight Song’ Parody
- Turkey PM Recep Ergdodan Cracks Down On Media Following Failed Coup
- Stephen Colbert Intros Identical Twin Cousin & ‘The Werd’
- CBS Raises Dividend And Stock Buybacks Ahead Of Q2 Earnings Report