Writer-producers Tony Phelan and Joan Rater have closed a two-year overall deal with CBS Television Studios, which will begin next summer. Under the agreement, the duo will supervise projects for the studio this season and will develop their own original projects once their overall deal, Phelan and Rater’s first, commences in 2014. Phelan and Rater, repped by UTA and Myman Greenspan, are currently executive producers/co-showrunnners on Shonda Rhimes’ ABC medical drama Grey’s Anatomy, having worked their way up the ranks during their eight-season tenure on the show. Additionally, Phelan has directed multiple episodes. This coming season will be the duo’s last on Grey’s before they segue to the CBS Studios deal.
‘Grey’s Anatomy’ EPs Tony Phelan & Joan Rater Sign Overall Deal At CBS Studios
What's Hot on Deadline
‘Boyhood’, 'Grand Budapest', 'Lego Movie' Score Big At 65th ACE Eddie Awards -- Complete Winners List
Bryan Cranston & David Shore's ‘Sneaky Pete’ Civil Rights Crime Drama From Rene Balcer Get CBS Pilot Orders
More From Andreeva
- Bryan Cranston & David Shore’s 'Sneaky Pete' Civil Rights Crime Drama From Rene Balcer Get CBS Pilot Orders
- Johnny Knoxville, Jermaine Fowler Projects, NBA Buddy Show Among 7 ABC Comedy Pilot Orders
- ABC Picks Up 4 Drama Pilots
- Busy Philipps Joins HBO Comedy Series 'Vice Principals'
- Medical Drama ‘LFE’ Gets CBS Pilot Order
- Idina Menzel To Star In ‘Happy Time’ Comedy Produced By Ellen DeGeneres