Writer-producers Tony Phelan and Joan Rater have closed a two-year overall deal with CBS Television Studios, which will begin next summer. Under the agreement, the duo will supervise projects for the studio this season and will develop their own original projects once their overall deal, Phelan and Rater’s first, commences in 2014. Phelan and Rater, repped by UTA and Myman Greenspan, are currently executive producers/co-showrunnners on Shonda Rhimes’ ABC medical drama Grey’s Anatomy, having worked their way up the ranks during their eight-season tenure on the show. Additionally, Phelan has directed multiple episodes. This coming season will be the duo’s last on Grey’s before they segue to the CBS Studios deal.
‘Grey’s Anatomy’ EPs Tony Phelan & Joan Rater Sign Overall Deal At CBS Studios
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
Obama: Sony Made Mistake Pulling 'The Interview'; U.S. Will Respond Proportionally At Time And Place We Choose -- Update
Sony Responds To President Obama's Criticism: "We Had No Choice," Still Hope To Release 'The Interview'
'The Interview' Release Would Have Damaged Kim Jong Un Internally, Says Rand Expert Who Saw Movie At Sony's Request
More From Andreeva
- Veronica Osorio Inks Talent Deal With Fox
- ABC Buys FBI Drama Produced By Jordan Kerner
- David Schwimmer To Play Robert Kardashian In FX's 'American Crime Story: People Vs. O.J.'
- Sarah Jessica Parker Poised To Star In HBO Divorce Comedy Pilot
- Ernie Hudson To Play Poseidon On 'Once Upon a Time'
- Christina Aguilera-Produced Dramedy, Twitter-Based Comedy, Shakespeare-Themed Drama On Prospect Park's Slate