Casey Wilson and June Diane Raphael wrote and star in director Chris Nelson’s lowbrow road-trip comedy, which Gravitas Ventures will release September 30 on VOD and in theaters November 8. Ass Backwards follows two self-proclaimed stylish New Yorkers with a fragile grip on reality who take a road trip back to their hometown to claim the beauty pageant crown that eluded them as children. Heather Rae and Molly Conners produced the film, which debuted at Sundance in January and features familiar co-stars including Alicia Silverstone, Vincent D’Onofrio, Jon Cryer, Brian Geraghty and Bob Odenkirk. The deal was negotiated by Gravitas VP Acquisitions Melanie Miller and UTA Independent Film Group on behalf of the filmmakers.
Gravitas Ventures Picks Up Sundance Comedy ‘Ass Backwards’
What's Hot on Deadline
'Avengers: Infinity War' Already The Best-Selling Superhero Movie In Advance Ticket Sales, Beating 'Black Panther'
California Pol To Wolf Blitzer: Donald Trump "Spinning Out Of Control", Serious Security Threat, Has To Go
Latest Film News
- Shia LaBeouf, Lucas Hedges To Star In ‘Honey Boy’
- ‘Augie’ Review: Fitness Giant’s ALS Struggle Makes For Moving Love Story
- ‘Can You Ever Forgive Me?’ First Look Trailer Showcases Melissa McCarthy As Literary Forger Lee Israel
- Saudi Arabia Fund Deal For Endeavor Stake Could Close In Week’s Time For $400M
- Female Director Scorecard: MGM’s ‘Taking Flight,’ Others In Wings
- Disney CEO Bob Iger Could Earn Up To $423 Million In Compensation, Advisory Firm Says