Casey Wilson and June Diane Raphael wrote and star in director Chris Nelson’s lowbrow road-trip comedy, which Gravitas Ventures will release September 30 on VOD and in theaters November 8. Ass Backwards follows two self-proclaimed stylish New Yorkers with a fragile grip on reality who take a road trip back to their hometown to claim the beauty pageant crown that eluded them as children. Heather Rae and Molly Conners produced the film, which debuted at Sundance in January and features familiar co-stars including Alicia Silverstone, Vincent D’Onofrio, Jon Cryer, Brian Geraghty and Bob Odenkirk. The deal was negotiated by Gravitas VP Acquisitions Melanie Miller and UTA Independent Film Group on behalf of the filmmakers.
Gravitas Ventures Picks Up Sundance Comedy ‘Ass Backwards’
What's Hot on Deadline
Bill O'Reilly Defends Comments That Slaves Who Built The White House Were "Well-Fed And Had Decent Lodging" - Update
Latest Film News
- Comedy Pic ‘Poms’ In Works With Sierra/Affinity Aboard
- ‘The Fighter’ Scribes To Co-Write Movie About Leicester City’s Hollywood-Ending English Soccer Season
- New Line Sets Sequel To Fright Sensation 'Lights Out'
- Anne Heche Plays Killer’s Mom In ‘My Friend Dahmer’
- ‘The Life And Death Of John Gotti’ Cast Locked
- Ben Foster Rounds Out Scott Cooper’s ‘Hostiles’ Cast As Shooting Starts