EXCLUSIVE: Austin Abrams and Beau Mirchoff have signed on for writer-director Kyle Wilamowski’s indie coming-of-age drama opposite Tye Sheridan and Kaitlyn Dever. In Grass Stains, Abrams will play Hunter Gorski, a scruffy 16-year-old who pays little attention to his best friend Conrad’s (Sheridan) first love (Dever). Mirchoff plays Dever’s athletic older brother, who becomes the victim of a prank gone seriously awry. The film, executive produced by Steve Olivera, Matthew Perniciaro and Kevin Mann, is filming in North Carolina. Abrams (Gangster Squad, the upcoming Sacrifice) is repped by APA, Industry Entertainment, and Filker Toczek Gellman Suddleson. Mirchoff (MTV’s Awkward) is repped by APA, Velocity Entertainment Partners, and Ginsburg Daniels.
Austin Abrams and Beau Mirchoff Join Indie Drama ‘Grass Stains’
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Huayi Brothers Spending $130 Million To Start U.S. Subsidiary
- 11 Years Later, Feds Order CNN To Rehire Fired Union Workers
- Hot Trailer: Jason Schwartzman & Elisabeth Moss In 'Listen Up Philip'
- Chiké Okonkwo Set For 'Banshee' Arc; Scott Glenn Joins 'Marvel's Daredevil'
- UPDATE: FCC Weighs In On Local Broadcaster's Rescue Of Dodgers For Stretch Run
- 'Bill Maher: Live From DC' HBO's Most Watched Comedy Special In 5 Years