EXCLUSIVE: Austin Abrams and Beau Mirchoff have signed on for writer-director Kyle Wilamowski’s indie coming-of-age drama opposite Tye Sheridan and Kaitlyn Dever. In Grass Stains, Abrams will play Hunter Gorski, a scruffy 16-year-old who pays little attention to his best friend Conrad’s (Sheridan) first love (Dever). Mirchoff plays Dever’s athletic older brother, who becomes the victim of a prank gone seriously awry. The film, executive produced by Steve Olivera, Matthew Perniciaro and Kevin Mann, is filming in North Carolina. Abrams (Gangster Squad, the upcoming Sacrifice) is repped by APA, Industry Entertainment, and Filker Toczek Gellman Suddleson. Mirchoff (MTV’s Awkward) is repped by APA, Velocity Entertainment Partners, and Ginsburg Daniels.
Austin Abrams and Beau Mirchoff Join Indie Drama ‘Grass Stains’
Trending Now on Deadline
'Ouija' Box Office May Scare Up $20M, 'John Wick' No. 2 With A Bullet, Bill Murray Graces 'St. Vincent' - B.O. Weekend
More From Team
- UPDATE: Warner Bros Moves Up 'Entourage' Release By A Week
- Terry Keenan Dead: Longtime Business Reporter-Anchor At CNN, CNBC & Fox News
- Film Independent Spirit Awards 2015 To Be Broadcast Live On IFC
- Lyndsy Fonseca Joins 'Marvel's Agent Carter'
- Jim Parsons To Star In Animated 'Elf' Holiday Special On NBC
- 'Madam Secretary' Coming To U.K. On Sky Living; NBCUniversal International Television Production Pacts With TV3 Group Ireland…