EXCLUSIVE: Austin Abrams and Beau Mirchoff have signed on for writer-director Kyle Wilamowski’s indie coming-of-age drama opposite Tye Sheridan and Kaitlyn Dever. In Grass Stains, Abrams will play Hunter Gorski, a scruffy 16-year-old who pays little attention to his best friend Conrad’s (Sheridan) first love (Dever). Mirchoff plays Dever’s athletic older brother, who becomes the victim of a prank gone seriously awry. The film, executive produced by Steve Olivera, Matthew Perniciaro and Kevin Mann, is filming in North Carolina. Abrams (Gangster Squad, the upcoming Sacrifice) is repped by APA, Industry Entertainment, and Filker Toczek Gellman Suddleson. Mirchoff (MTV’s Awkward) is repped by APA, Velocity Entertainment Partners, and Ginsburg Daniels.
Austin Abrams and Beau Mirchoff Join Indie Drama ‘Grass Stains’
Trending Now on Deadline
'Midnight Rider' Trial Date Set For Indicted Filmmakers; 1st Assistant Director Hillary Schwartz Turns Herself In
More From Team
- 'Shameless,' 'House of Lies,' 'Episodes' Return To Showtime On January 11
- John Oliver Explains British Football To David Letterman: Video
- Discovery Studios Signs Exec Producer Rob Kerr
- National Geographic Channel Orders Series On Alaskan Log-Rafting From Gurney Productions
- 'Exodus: Gods And Kings' Trailer: Christian Bale & Ridley Scott Take On 'Ten Commandments'
- Ben Affleck On 'Daily Show': Jon Stewart “Spoils” 'Gone Girl' & 'Batman Vs. Superman' (Video)