The three near-caricature “would-be heroes” of Grand Theft Auto V were unleashed in April, but the trailer released today breaks new ground. For the first time in the billion-dollar franchise’s history, this one has actual prerelease gameplay footage. Think the hardcore are ready for Rockstar Games‘ surefire-smash sequel, which streets September 17 for the Xbox 360 and PlayStation3? The fourth installment ripped off 3.6M units on Day 1 in 2008 and has moved 25M-plus copies so far. Check out the nearly five-minute NSFW trailer, in which the narrator refers to the game as a “sprawling, satirical reimagining of modern Southern California”:
Hot Vidgame Trailer: ‘Grand Theft Auto V’
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
Box Office: 'If I Stay' Best Of Lifeless Bunch As 'Sin City 2' Tanks, 'Game' Tries To Find Footing And 'Guardians' No. 1
More From Team
- Holliday Grainger Toplines 'Lady Chatterley's Lover' For BBC One; Levi Meadon Joins Syfy's 'Olympus'
- SAG-AFTRA Members Ratify TV/Theatrical Contract
- Hot TV Clip: 'The Unauthorized Saved By The Bell Story'
- Repped By SAG-AFTRA, KPCC Gets First Union Contract
- 'MythBusters' Chops Three To Take Show Back To Its Roots
- Alicia Witt Signs With Innovative Artists & The Schiff Company