The three near-caricature “would-be heroes” of Grand Theft Auto V were unleashed in April, but the trailer released today breaks new ground. For the first time in the billion-dollar franchise’s history, this one has actual prerelease gameplay footage. Think the hardcore are ready for Rockstar Games‘ surefire-smash sequel, which streets September 17 for the Xbox 360 and PlayStation3? The fourth installment ripped off 3.6M units on Day 1 in 2008 and has moved 25M-plus copies so far. Check out the nearly five-minute NSFW trailer, in which the narrator refers to the game as a “sprawling, satirical reimagining of modern Southern California”:
Hot Vidgame Trailer: ‘Grand Theft Auto V’
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Hot Trailer: Jason Reitman's 'Men, Women & Children'
- Annika Marks Joins ABC Family's 'The Fosters'; Rotimi Akinosho In Starz's 'Power'
- 'TMZ Hollywood Sports' To Anchor Reelz Primetime
- Relativity Sets Thrillers 'The Disappointments Room' & 'Kidnap' For Fall 2015
- Zach Gilford & Jonathan Cake Join USA Pilot 'Stanistan'
- Hot Trailer: Robert Downey Jr & Robert Duvall In 'The Judge'