The three near-caricature “would-be heroes” of Grand Theft Auto V were unleashed in April, but the trailer released today breaks new ground. For the first time in the billion-dollar franchise’s history, this one has actual prerelease gameplay footage. Think the hardcore are ready for Rockstar Games‘ surefire-smash sequel, which streets September 17 for the Xbox 360 and PlayStation3? The fourth installment ripped off 3.6M units on Day 1 in 2008 and has moved 25M-plus copies so far. Check out the nearly five-minute NSFW trailer, in which the narrator refers to the game as a “sprawling, satirical reimagining of modern Southern California”:
Hot Vidgame Trailer: ‘Grand Theft Auto V’
Trending Now on Deadline
'Black-ish', 'Grey's Anatomy', 'Castle', 'The Goldbergs', 'Modern Family', 'Once Upon A Time' & Others Get Extra Episodes At ABC
More From Team
- 'Madam Secretary' Coming To U.K. On Sky Living; NBCUniversal International Television Production Pacts With TV3 Group Ireland…
- 'High Profits': New CNN Series Profiles Colorado Pot Business Owners
- Mary McCormack & Alicia Witt Join 'House Of Lies'; Lindsey Gort In 'Self Promotion'
- Courtney Love To Guest Star In Fox's 'Empire'
- 'Good Morning America' Ratings Lead Morning Infotainment Race
- Zachary Booth, Bill Irwin, Six More Round Out 'South Of Hell' Cast On WE TV