The 23rd annual Gotham Independent Film Awards have been set for December 2 at Cipriani Wall Street in New York. Nominees will be announced on October 24 with the deadline for submissions September 20. Traditionally the first awards show of the Oscar season, the Gothams, presented by IFP, are adding two new categories this year: Best Actor and Best Actress. Among the organization’s unique categories is The Breakthrough Director Award, now called the Bingham Ray Breakthrough Director Award after the late indie film exec. Last year, Wes Anderson’s Moonrise Kingdom won Best Picture and Beasts Of The Southern Wild helmer Benh Zeitlin won the breakthrough director honor; both got Oscar love later in the year.
Gotham Awards Set For December 2 With New Actor Categories
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Film Arcade And Paramount Team On Romantic Comedy 'Love, Rosie'
- Pete Hammond's Telluride Q&A With Makers Of 'The Imitation Game' (Video)
- UPDATE: Joan Rivers Remains In Serious Condition Following Thursday Cardiac Arrest
- UPDATE: Abrams Artists & 'Ghost Adventures' Producer End Commissions Dispute
- Wil Wheaton Blogs His Syfy Show Is Toast
- Miranda Mayo Joins 'Pretty Little Liars'; Samm Levine In 'Selfie'