Fusion, ABC and Univision’s new network aimed at young English-speaking Hispanics in the U.S., is continuing to bolster its staff with the appointment of Mark Lima as its Vice President of News. Fusion’s interim President Beau Ferrari made the announcement today. “Mark has a keen eye for stories that matter, knows how to create compelling television, and is a tested expert in breaking news situations. He is an experienced network producer who has led large teams to award-winning success, and we’re very fortunate he’s joining Fusion”, said Ferrari. Lima, an Emmy and Peabody-winning ABC News veteran, was most recently part of the team at Nightline responsible for developing stories and leading digital and social media integration. Lima previously spent four years in Los Angeles as deputy bureau chief for ABC News, managing day-to-day coverage of news assignments for the western bureaus. Before that, Lima was director of sports and special projects for ABC’s affiliate news service NewsOne where he covered the 2002 and 2004 Olympic Games and produced live operations for major news events including the John F. Kennedy Jr plane crash.
Fusion Names Mark Lima VP News
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Ving Rhames Boards 'Operator'; 'Threshold' Ramps Up; Five Join 'Clavius'
- Boston Teamsters' 'Top Chef' Threats Become Statewide Campaign Issue
- Olafur Darri Olafsson Joins AMC Comedy Pilot 'We Hate Paul Revere'; Shohreh Aghdashloo & Steven Strait In 'The Expanse'
- Sundance Institute Taps Pair To Lead Its New Frontier Program
- A24, DirecTV Acquire Liam Hemsworth Thriller 'Cut Bank'
- Jeffrey Katzenberg Accepts Deadline's ALS Ice Bucket Challenge: Video