This is an interesting addition for Advancit Capital, the investment firm launched two years ago by Shari Redstone, who runs National Amusements and happens to be the daughter of (and could be a successor to) Viacom and CBS Chairman Sumner Redstone. Jonathan Miller is a big league player: He was considered for the top job at Yahoo last year after having served as News Corp’s Chief Digital Officer, CEO of AOL, and founding partner of investment company Velocity Interactive Group. He’s now a partner at Advancit, which focuses on early stage investments. “Against this backdrop of rapid evolution in the digital media space, we’re here to help great entrepreneurs build amazing companies,” Miller says today. In addition to investing cash, Advancit says it looks for opportunities to help “talented and passionate entrepreneurs” in media, entertainment and tech by offering a “deep network of industry relationships and strategic support.”
Former News Corp Digital Chief Jonathan Miller Teams With Shari Redstone
What's Hot on Deadline
No Obama Bounce For DNC Day 3 Ratings As They Fall Behind RNC, 'Wayward Pines' Finale Down From 2015
Bill Maher On Hillary Clinton Nomination: "First, Lady Ghostbusters And Now This; America's On A Roll!"
Cristina Ferrare Out, Replaced By Debbie Matenopoulos As Co-Host Of Hallmark Channel's 'Home & Family'
Latest Business News
- Sony Pictures Division Hit By Losses In Quarterly Earnings
- Disney’s Maker Studios Layoffs Underway As Part Of “Strategic Adjustments”
- Lionsgate’s Jon Feltheimer Made $10.9M In Fiscal 2016, Up 61.5%
- “New” Michael Crichton Novel ‘Dragon Teeth’ Coming Out Next Year
- CBS Chief Won’t Talk About Viacom, But Calls His Company “Complete”
- Starz Reports Lower Q2 Earnings But Touts Lionsgate Deal And ‘Force Awakens’ Bow