After an extensive casing process, Lindsey Gort last weekend was tapped to play young Samantha Jones on the second season of the CW’s The Carrie Diaries, a 1980s prequel to Sex And The City. Producing studio Warner Bros. TV just released a first image of Gort as Samantha. “In another nerve-wracking search to create the amazing characters we all came to know and love on Sex and the City, we went out in search this year for a young Samantha Jones,” exec producer Amy Harris said. “Lindsey Gort walked into the room and owned the part. Funny and sexy with a whiff of vulnerability and an amazing dash of outrageousness, Lindsey is our exciting choice to play the young Samantha Jones.” On Carrie Diaries, Samantha, portrayed on Sex And The City by Kim Cattrall, is a ballsy, beautiful and sexy young woman from the panhandle of Florida who has made her way — and already a name for herself — in the rock ’n’ roll scene of 1980s NYC.
First Image Of Samantha Jones On ‘The Carrie Diaries’
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
More From Andreeva
- 'Saturday Night Live' Ratings On Par With Host Amy Adams
- Veronica Osorio Inks Talent Deal With Fox
- ABC Buys FBI Drama Produced By Jordan Kerner
- David Schwimmer To Play Robert Kardashian In FX's 'American Crime Story: People Vs. O.J.'
- Sarah Jessica Parker Poised To Star In HBO Divorce Comedy Pilot
- Ernie Hudson To Play Poseidon On 'Once Upon a Time'